Thread: Crytek says 360 and PS3 can't handle Crysis

Blog Entries

xbox 360 Crytek says 360 and PS3 can't handle Crysis

Some news slipped out during the Leipzig convention in Germany that Crytek senior game designer Bernd Diemer said their upcoming first-person shooter Crysis was too über for the next-generation consoles -- the 360 and PlayStation 3 specifically. The heart of the matter related directly to DirectX 10 and it being the only way to truly unleash the beast behind this beautiful game.

Diemer was quoted as saying that "next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power" needed for some high-quality Crysis action. This news comes counter to the recent news that the Crytek team was looking for some PS3 worker bees for a possible Crysis port to the system. We may not see Crysis on the PS3, but it's still entirely possible we may see Crysis-like games in the future on Sony's console.

But since the PC one will have a DX9 mode surely they can do a 360 one if they choose, then again the graphics $#@!s of the world may cry (no pun intended) that it doesnt look as pretty as on a PC.

DirectX 10 must be REALLY powerful to not work on either a 360 or PS3.

This game is going to require one freaking HECK of a pc to run. I doubt it will sell many copies due to that one fact.

DCEmu Newbie

Y make a game that cant run on the some of the most advanced computer consoles we have? ok yeah its going to be good when we catch up but its a mistake to develop something that we cant really play!

well it means it will be on vista, which currently sucks so ill have to wait till i have atleast 3 gig of ram in my pc the newest amd chip and 4 nvidia 7950's to run this

Thread Information