Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo PSP Release Date Set Back Till an Unspecified Date

Blog Entries

psp Gran Turismo PSP Release Date Set Back Till an Unspecified Date

Via TVG

Originally planned for release in Japan during Spring 2005, it seems that Gran Turismo 4: Mobile Edition continues to follow its home console predecessors in falling behind schedule.

Speaking to Japanese publication Famitsu, developers Polyphony Digital have confirmed that the game has been given an indefinite release date. The news is the latest in a number of blows to hit the PSP, following the decision by several movie companies to stop producing UMD Videos for the handheld, and recent suggestions that Sony's platform is on death's door.

Gran Turismo 4 on PlayStation2 was released in 2005 after slipping from an original release date in 2003, so with that in mind perhaps we shouldn't expect the Mobile Edition to hit retail until well into 2007...if at all.

Why don't they just "cancel" it. then release it in 2007 and call GT5:mobile. XD

DCEmu Pro

This is polyphonic digitals own fault this is, They have been working on other game projects that to be quite honest are pathetic and not keeping their priorities set on GT4, they took a bad move considering GT4 is one of the most highly anticipated games for the PSP

Thats a shame. This is one of the most anticipated games for me

I know Polyphony are notorious for late GT releases but they should seriously try and sort it out.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Yeah thxs $$$ony merry f*****g christmas to you to.

WHAT!!
    I'm waiting this title till I own my psp and now you tell me that they don't give a f***?
    this seem to me like we are the last wheel of the wagon
    We are the people that buy their $#@! and they simple tell us "not this year, MAYBE the next.."
    with the ps3 is the same thing..
    I'm really annoyed
    look what Nintendo is going to do!!!
    they got it..
    now if the next year I can't find any umd video or game in stores I know why...

DCEmu Newbie

who cares, not me. gran turismo has to be one of the most boring racing games ever made.

the only plus is the games visuals,and Ive always said playability first and visuals second.

this is my opinion though.

give me ridge racer anyday!!

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bosanova_x
    who cares, not me. gran turismo has to be one of the most boring racing games ever made.

the only plus is the games visuals,and Ive always said playability first and visuals second.

DUDE it an "A" list title something the P$P has a very serious lack of. 1000's of people do like the GTseries and it would certainly move more little black $ony boxes of the shelf. So tuff $#@! $ony dont got bitching when ninty beat u again in the christmas sales figures.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bosanova_x

Ridge Racer and games of the like are for people who cannot fully appreciate racing in all its glory. The gameplay for GT4 is definitely the game's strong suit, with visuals coming in at a close second. The other racing games offer an "arcade-like" racing experience, but the GT series offer you up what it would really feel like to race in the big leagues.

I am truly disappointed that GT4 was bumped back, but I'm not in a hurry to update my firmware or buy another PSP...so I'll wait. My homebrew'll keep me busy until I figure out what I'll do...

At this rate I doubt they will ever release it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information