Thread: [Release] Electris and Reactor -- stand-alone eboots

psp [Release] Electris and Reactor -- stand-alone eboots

By popular demand, I'm making Electris and Reactor available as stand-alone eboots.

These eboots are configured for firmware 1.5.
    2.x users should stick with the Lua versions of the games for now.

Thanks go out to Zion for his tips on using PSPBrew to edit the LuaPlayer eboot.
    I thought I'd need to recompile it from source, but PSPBrew meant I could have them up and running straight away...

Electris remains at version 1.0 at this stage, and is essentially unchanged.

Reactor has been updated to version 1.3, as I found that it ran considerably faster stand-alone. (I guess Lowser must have been consuming resources in the background.)
    The game was synced to screen refresh, so if processing one "tick" took just slightly longer than 1 refresh, it would play at ~30fps (which was typical before); if it took slightly less, it would play at ~60fps -- ie, double the speed

This was unacceptable from a gameplay perspective, so in version 1.3 the proton's velocity is now Timer based. The framerate may change with CPU load, but the game should play at a constant speed regardless.

I've also updated the particle sprites to have a chrome appearance, as a small visual cleanup.

Enjoy...

Electris v1.0 eboot
    Reactor v1.3 eboot

yes, i've been waiting for this

Nice thanks great job.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice work. Sorry for missing the release. Remember as a PSP coder you can post your releases directly in the PSP News forums.

You'll notice I've made another thread since this thread is a few hours to old and it would not appear on the front page other wise. Just wanted to make sure it gets the exposure it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    Very nice work. Sorry for missing the release. Remember as a PSP coder you can post your releases directly in the PSP News forums.
    Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of that.
    I'll do that in future if it's preferred.

Thread Information