Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda - Return of the Hylian ported

psp Zelda - Return of the Hylian ported

Zelda - Return of the Hylian is now available for the PSP. The game is an SDL port of the french Windows/Mac/Linux game. The game is considered a sequel to the Zelda - A Link to the Past game. If the game proves to be popular on the PSP I will port the 2 follows ups to the game, which are even better (and longer). The link to the game is here:Download Game

You can list any compatibility issues you have with the PSP port either here or the sourceforge site

The original version for PC's is here Zelda ROTH and is the best place to go if you want walkthroughs or any other game specific info.

FYI: The game is at a set resolution of 320x240, and is not scaled to the size of the PSP screens height due to the slow performance of the SDL libraries scaling routine. I might alter the SDL library for hardware scaling if there is enough demand.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Zelda Ported to psp

This port is great I am a huge fan of zelda games thanks for all the time and hard work put into this game I think it would be awesome if you could keep on improving this game and even better if you could port the other Zelda games you had mentioned I will have hours of fun playing this port YOU ROCK!!

Thanks again, Tronpsp :thumbup::thumbup:
    PS:This port even works on my pspgo with hbl sweet!!

Dude, thanks for porting this game on the PSP, been wanting to try this game.

Quote Originally Posted by spyke1 View Post
    Zelda - Return of the Hylian is now available for the PSP. The game is an SDL port of the french Windows/Mac/Linux game. The game is considered a sequel to the Zelda - A Link to the Past game. If the game proves to be popular on the PSP I will port the 2 follows ups to the game, which are even better (and longer). The link to the game is here:Download Game

You can list any compatibility issues you have with the PSP port either here or the sourceforge site

The original version for PC's is here Zelda ROTH and is the best place to go if you want walkthroughs or any other game specific info.

FYI: The game is at a set resolution of 320x240, and is not scaled to the size of the PSP screens height due to the slow performance of the SDL libraries scaling routine. I might alter the SDL library for hardware scaling if there is enough demand.
    Hey man, send me a PM. I can help with speed issues with sdl
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

Hey spyke 1, good job !!

I have also ported the complete trilogy this autumn.
    The 3 games work without musics because they freeze video screen some times with complicated songs.
    I have not posted the releases because i have not found issue to play music without freeze.

Edit:
    Here my contribution:
    http://www.toofiles.com/fr/oip/do$#@!...daroth_us.html

This version can play songs, but in some levels with complicated songs(ex: the Lake level), the screen freeze but the song continue to play, you must quit softly with the classic home button.
    For playing game without playing musics you must delete or rename the timidity folder like this"timidity0"

Enjoy !!!
    Last edited by Riviera71; November 11th, 2010 at 22:48. Reason: I have posted my release

Default Music

I still haven't added music to my own version. I am looking into adding it for the final version. I will also be adding hardware scaling through the use of the gu lib.

Cool Status Update

Just a little news on the sound front. I just add music support to the game. Since Riviera71 was having problems with the Midi music, I converted the Midi files into Ogg music files. So far the music is working in the game. Midi is more CPU intensive than MP3 or Ogg, so I figured that was probably what was causing Riviera71's freezing issue. I also have fixed a few minor bugs (including occasionally locking up during an exit).

As far as the next release, I want to first fix a few other issues (like the lack of scaling) and add better button mapping support (you won't have to use the Start button so much to exit dialogs and such). I also might steal a few ideas from Riviera71's port, like fixing the Help screen.

After the updates and a decent amount of beta testing, I will be porting the 2 remaining games in the trilogy.

when this on is done being ported to perfection the other 2 look good 2! thanks for the release!

i had problems saving on my psp-1000 series cfw5.00-6

Default Saving

What is the exact nature of the error you get when you are trying to save?

I did find a bug in the code that can cause issues when trying to save. It's been fixed now, and will be uploaded sometime next week when I get the rest of my updates done. It occurs if you press the start button too quickly while holding down the Left Trigger.
    Last edited by spyke1; November 16th, 2010 at 22:35. Reason: Updated info

Default New Version

After a bit of a delay I will be releasing a new version this week that fixes quite a few bugs and adds music support. What won't be included is video scaling, since the gu lib functions I need don't play well with how SDL set's up the gu library. It would require a fairly large change to the basic SDL library just to implement scaling to give the game a larger play area.
    Last edited by spyke1; November 29th, 2010 at 03:31. Reason: clarity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information