Thread: Just some questions

DCEmu Rookie

Default Just some questions

Well, I'm enjoying my MMD with a 1 gig Sandisk FC. Although it doesn't do all the sweet stuff other carts can do it still is a decent cheap alternative and I got my 60 bucks (dock and CF) worth out of it.

But I have some questions:

1) I'm using BatchDPG and it was working fine at first, the video plays great, but my most recently converted files play an upsidedown image. I checked some of the older converted videos to make sure that it wasn't my MAX but, nope, it's BatchDPG that's producing the inverted images. What's up?

2) Where can I find a good FLV to MPEG converter? I have some Youtube vids that I want to watch on my DS. I tried the TotalMediaConverter but it leaves a nasty watermark and the DPG videos made from it's FLV to MPEG files just wont run.

3) Damn it. My brother was talking to me and I forgot 3. It must've not been important if I forgot.

By the way, I'm using Trace Memory as a donor card for MaxOverload and it works beautifully. My understanding on donor cards is that DS roms uses it's save slots to save, am I wrong? Because I have working saves on like 6 games, 2 saves on one of them. I guess this can be question #3.

Well, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Well, I'm enjoying my MMD with a 1 gig Sandisk FC. Although it doesn't do all the sweet stuff other carts can do it still is a decent cheap alternative and I got my 60 bucks (dock and CF) worth out of it.

But I have some questions:

1) I'm using BatchDPG and it was working fine at first, the video plays great, but my most recently converted files play an upsidedown image. I checked some of the older converted videos to make sure that it wasn't my MAX but, nope, it's BatchDPG that's producing the inverted images. What's up?

2) Where can I find a good FLV to MPEG converter? I have some Youtube vids that I want to watch on my DS. I tried the TotalMediaConverter but it leaves a nasty watermark and the DPG videos made from it's FLV to MPEG files just wont run.

3) Damn it. My brother was talking to me and I forgot 3. It must've not been important if I forgot.

By the way, I'm using Trace Memory as a donor card for MaxOverload and it works beautifully. My understanding on donor cards is that DS roms uses it's save slots to save, am I wrong? Because I have working saves on like 6 games, 2 saves on one of them. I guess this can be question #3.

Well, thanks in advance.
    OK, I think I know what's wrong with problem No.1.

When converting your videos on BatchDPG, make sure the check box labelled Flip Video at the bottom of the window is unticked. That's probably why your videos are being shown upside-down.

Hope this helps.

DCEmu Rookie

Thanks but the BatchDPG I have doesn't have that. DPGTools, on the other hand, does have that little box, but I don't like using that one because the video quality sucks. Man, does it suck when compared to BatchDPG.

Ah yeah. Please forgive me for I am a humble noob. =P I didn't realise there was more than one program for DPG conversion.

DCEmu Rookie

No prob.

So, no one else have any advice?

No. 1 - Try re-installing and see if that reverts the settings back to normal

I have 2 guess;
    1. Check your MoonShell Global.ini. There is an option to flip the screen in there, that is messed?
    2. BatchDPG uses the encoders in your computer(does it??), something messed up your encoder options.

As last solution you may try to uninstall and re-install BatchDPG.

DCEmu Rookie

Hmm, I might do that but I just found out about this Datel MAX update. I tried out their D3V encoder and it's pretty good quality and very fast in encoding.

Here's another question: What's the easiest way to amplify the volume of a movie before encoding? I have this movie and it looks good on my DS but the volume of the file pre-encoding was very low, so on the DS it was near inaudible. I tried the Movie Maker program that came with Windows but it blows. I have to amplify the volume on each segment it makes one at a time. Moonshell had the 400x volume but MAX Media Player doesn't so I want to do it before I convert the AVI. Am I making sense? What's a good freeware program?

Thread Information