Call of Duty: Black Ops developer Treyarch has warned anyone thinking of exploiting glitches in the game that they will be taking a zero tolerance approach to cheating.

Multiplayer director David Vonderhaar posted on the official Call of Duty forums, "We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags.

"You better think twice before you glitch. You never know who in your game doesn't like glitchers who reports you and saves the game in their File Share and tells us about it."

"What many of these people want is to be internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either."

"Given the opportunity," he added, "I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good thing I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team."

Sounds like bans may well be incoming. Consider yourself warned.

Treyarch's community manager yesterday claimed that a million users logged onto Xbox Live to play its lauded FPS during the first day of release alone – so there should be plenty of people for the developer to keep an eye on.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ack-ops-cheats