Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neoflash Summer Coding Comp 2006 Results are in :)

Damn you is a mad monkey!! But, 9th place is total BS. Top 3 minimum.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby
    Damn you is a mad monkey!! But, 9th place is total BS. Top 3 minimum.
    Truthfuly I am more upset at their piss poor scoring then my final place nor that we can post in the results topic to voice our opinion.

I'm also a little pist wraggster is gonna sit around and not bitch about this either.

i agree with the people that dont like the results with the neo coding compo....

Throttle X or Sandbox should have placed 1st/2nd... They are completely ORIGINAL! plus, Throttle X has alot of really nice feature's in it ( online, map maker, DOWNLOAD LEVELS ONTO THE PSP!!! )

the app section was....im my mind.....was fair....because map this is a amazing achievement.

also, how did escape get higher than sandbox??? it riged its votes.....why not disqualify it!?!?!

truely, this was not a fair compo.....game section that is...

hopefully dcgp 2006 will be better

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Produkt
    same here throttle was the best game amongst them all

some one also knocked off the originality factor from the rules, deniska, your entry was nice, I just didnt think it had the fullness of Throttle sandbox also offered more to gameplay
    This post is a good example, showing why the judges did not put too much weight in the public polls... :-)
    FYI, Produkt, my entry was not even in that category... Althogh, MapThis! may seem like a nice game, when you drive totally drunk through your neigbourhood while it's in GPS mode :-)

PSP Coder

Agreed,
    I was expecting ThrottleX to walk away with first prize, but you can't deny that R-Gear does look and play quite nicely!

Dr.Neo hated TrigWars!
    "Awfull game play, too dark, unplayable in my opinion"
    I suppose everyone has different tastes!

PSMonkey: Your entry just wasn't a game as far as I could see, it definitely does have potential to be a game and I look forward to future releases

Cheers,
    71M

regardless of what indeed seems to be flaws in the competition judges. congratulations to our dcemu members. Bitching will not help your scores, or make you look good to anyone else, even though i would agree that some of the judges made poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    This post is a good example, showing why the judges did not put too much weight in the public polls... :-)
    FYI, Produkt, my entry was not even in that category... Althogh, MapThis! may seem like a nice game, when you drive totally drunk through your neigbourhood while it's in GPS mode :-)
    LMFAO ...and congrats

@monkey: but yeh monkey i enjoyed ur game and i can't believe one of the judges couldn't get it to work lol f*ckin dumb@$$ ...well good luck with the new jobby bro

@zion: well 5th place is cool i know i would be excited not to come in last

omg there is something rong with these pepole my two absolute farivoute games didnt get any recogntinoun at all dumb ass contest

Results are very different than the polls... in the polls throttle x came in first... and sandbox 3rd

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by 71M
    Agreed,
    I was expecting ThrottleX to walk away with first prize, but you can't deny that R-Gear does look and play quite nicely!

Dr.Neo hated TrigWars!
    "Awfull game play, too dark, unplayable in my opinion"
    I suppose everyone has different tastes!

PSMonkey: Your entry just wasn't a game as far as I could see, it definitely does have potential to be a game and I look forward to future releases

Cheers,
    71M
    I can understand and agree to an extent the judge who though sandbox was not enough of a game. Yet I still also find it wrong that someone who cheated the polls and the judges thought was poor still placed higher then people who deserved to place in the top 10.

Personaly I still also think ThrottleX was robbed of 1st place. On a technical point it was the most advance, on a fun factor i enjoyed it more and over all has more longjevity then the r-type clone. On top of it ThrottleX is still technical more original.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information