Thread: Dixons Wont Take PS3 Preorders

Blog Entries

ps3 Dixons Wont Take PS3 Preorders

Heres the info from Dixons

As Sony have yet to announce a confirmed release date (Nov. 17th is still only a provisional date) or how many units are being shipped to Europe, let alone the UK, we have stayed off opening up forward orders on this item for fear of massive under supply.

You can register your interest on the internet page and once we have the details from Sony we will be able to advise whether you can pre-order. Pre-orders will now only be taken from customers who have registered an interest as the latest from Sony hinted at under a million units throughoutthe whole of Europe before Xmas.
    We currently have no idea how many our allocation will be, but we expect it to be much less than we would like it to be.
    Dixons Direct

GAME does not have preorders either.
    looks like it wont be released till next year, to me

I was at Gamecrazy and they said they wouldn't take preorders (not that I want a PS3.) The guy said Sony was afraid that if they made too many PS3s at launch they would have to fix more broken PS3s.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by SSaxdude
    I was at Gamecrazy and they said they wouldn't take preorders (not that I want a PS3.) The guy said Sony was afraid that if they made too many PS3s at launch they would have to fix more broken PS3s.
    That is non-sense, whether they restrict ps3 numbers or not, the unit that will develop fault will eventually do so.

Restricting the numbers of ps3 is only a short term fix. All in all i call it bull****

I'm saying that Sony knows they will have a repeat of the PS2 launch. I bet this will make the 360 problems look like nothing.

I don't think a manufacturer restricted its marketing action just because 'afraid of incoming problems' Sony needs to sell a LOT. What comes after that may come.

Learning from PS2 launch they should better made the product (PS3) more well-prepared before launching it, not restricting its sales.. Sony is not a recently established company..

Btw, was there any huge defect PSPs news at yester-year launch ?

Sounds like next year release if theres no preorders yet with X-Mas around the corner

Thread Information