Thread: New PS3 Exploits to be Unveiled at Hacker Conference

Blog Entries

ps3 New PS3 Exploits to be Unveiled at Hacker Conference

News via http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/new-p...ference-73258/

Bushing, founding member of the Team Twiizers and the iPhone DevTeam, and one of the authors behind PSGroove and Marcan (famous before, and now more famous for his 360 Kinect adventures) are listed as speakers at the next annual 27C3 conference in Germany! PSGroove.com is reporting that they are planning to show off a few new PS3 Exploits!

Quote:
    Mark your calendars for December 28!

PS3 users are in for a few surprises at this years Chaos Communication Congress, an annual hacking conference. Console hackers, marcan, bushing, and sven, are set to give a one hour lecture about the recently hacked PS3 system. You may recognize marcan, from his work on AsbestOS and bushing, from his work on the PSGroove exploit.

During their upcoming talk, they intend to go over the current PS3 hacks and plan to share a few new exploits, as well! This should be some very exciting stuff for PS3 users!

For those of you unfamiliar with the Chaos Communication Congress, it is an annual meeting of the international hacker scene, organized by the Chaos Computer Club. The congress features a variety of lectures and workshops on technical and political issues. The event has been the host to many important hacking related talks over the past 27 years. Including, the first example of Homebrew code being run in native Wii mode which was demonstrated in December 2007.

For those of you planning to attend, the event is located in Berlin, Germany at the Berlin Berliner Congress Center. The event will run from December 27-30th 2010. A Standard ticket, which is good for the entire 4-day event, will set you back 70 Euros. Fort those of you just looking to attend the console hacking lecture, a day pass can be had for just 30 Euros. Details, regarding the console hacking lecture, can be found below.

Console Hacking 2010 --- PS3 Epic Fail

Over 70 million Wiis, over 40 million Xbox 360s and over 35 million Playstation 3s have been sold in the last few years. That makes over 145 million embedded devices out there and most of them are just used to play games. But what can you do with them if you don't like playing games? You hack them to make them run your own code of course! We're going to talk about the various hacks that you can use to gain control of your hardware and make it do what you want it to do.

2010 saw the first hacks for the Playstation 3, soon after Sony removed Other OS functionality. We will detail the operation of current PS3 exploits, show a few new ones and explain where and how Sony went wrong when designing its security system, and show how these holes can be used to gain control over the system and bring Linux back to the PS3.

Gamers might find this talk interesting even though it is targeted at those who hack (or design) embedded system security. A basic knowledge of crypto is therefore assumed. We will also be present in the Hackcenter before and after the presentation for those of you who are interested in learning more

27th Chaos Communication Congress / Dec. 27 to 30, 2010 / Berliner Congress Center, Berlin, Germany

wohaaaaa
    its lyke the coolest people in the whole word
    in one room

Wolfdawg i so wish there was a like button on Dcemu right now hahahaha.

I hope that they have something that will make the jailbreak dongles obsolete, i do have 1, just havent bought that thing for the power cord, and im thinking that its gonna break any day now......

Oh and CFW on the PS3 FTW!

We have it, but im thinking more in the lines of the psp, with recovery menu, plugins all sorts of things.
    If possible that is.
    Last edited by vatomalo; December 17th, 2010 at 11:37. Reason: We do have custom firmware, i just meant a more advanced one. but im sure we are getting it!

I think the CFW will allow you too boot without the dongle (soon)
    booting in JB mode is so annoying x(

DCEmu Regular

I know people are still working on a Ps3 drive hack like on the 360, and that would be the biggest kick in the nuts for Sony because then it just creates every level of piracy, so i hope that never happens because JB can be used for good as well as evil.

Thread Information