Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Memo Recorder v0.7

Blog Entries

psp PSP Memo Recorder v0.7

lteixeira posted this news/release:

Hi,

I'm posting PSP Memo Recorder, which is a sample program showing usage of the audio input syscalls. With this program you can record (in RAM) 60 seconds of audio and play it back afterwards.

It requires the PSP remote and a headset such as the one used for the SOCOM game. PC to PSP headset adapters should also work.

Usage
    ------

* Hit R trigger to start and stop recording;

* Hit L to play and the recorded content;

* Hit X to enter loop mode, causing the input to be
    placed directly in the audio output buffer;

* Hit O to exit the program.

Hi,

I'm posting 2 new things: first I've managed to stabilize the audio input library, so I'm releasing it with the loop example. Secondly I'm releasing a new version of the memo recorder, which consequently became stable.

Now we have great sound quality and stability, which is just what I wanted in order to implement the file recording.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via iteixeira

Unbelievably awesome work man!
    HELLO HOMEBREW VOIP!!!!
    I feel it's presence in the force,it approaches:P

This is very useful. But it would be more useful if you could get it to record through any set of headphones and not just the headset. I know this might be possible because any DJ or MC knows that if you are at a show and you forget your microphone all you have to do is plug the DJ's headphones into the mic input of the mixer and then you can MC through the right earphone. If you could accomplish that , then anyone could use this without having to buy a SOCOM headset.

Interesting thought
    May involve a bit of hardware modding to the remote control though.
    Going to buy a headset right now!
    See, homebrew does increase profit.

Any plans for it to be able to record to the memory stick? Great work! I'll be watching this closley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunpeal1978
    This is very useful. But it would be more useful if you could get it to record through any set of headphones and not just the headset. I know this might be possible because any DJ or MC knows that if you are at a show and you forget your microphone all you have to do is plug the DJ's headphones into the mic input of the mixer and then you can MC through the right earphone. If you could accomplish that , then anyone could use this without having to buy a SOCOM headset.
    It says not just psp headset... try standard pc headsets they also might work.

Guys,I just tried this app.
    Very cool!!!!!!!
    Can't wait for next version,hopefully save to memcard is supported and the menu after starting recording is cleaned up.
    Please one of you beautiful coders, hook up a way for us to talk to each other with our psp's
    It'd be great to hear other Dcemu members voices using our psp's!!!
    I just went over to gamestop and bought the headset just for this app:P
    A way to integrate this into lua player would be awesome aswell especially using netlib

DCEmu Newbie

ooooh. i really need to find a remote and get that headset.... i would use this alot!!!! the ability to record onto the memstick would be awesome though. but still, i am in awe at how cool this could become

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP headset has 4 conductors, Regular headphones have 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dunpeal1978
    There is a problem with that at the hardware level (ie your plugs). A standard set of stereo headphones has three conductors. The psp headsets have four. This cannot be solved by the software.

Here is a link for a DIY adapter from regular PC headphone/microphone (separate mic and ear) to the PSP four conducter plug.
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...essage.id=6639

I think that this is the sort of thing that the program author meant by "It requires the PSP remote and a headset such as the one used for the SOCOM game. PC to PSP headset adapters should also work. "

Cheers,
    nk64

Quote Originally Posted by nk64
    T
    Here is a link for a DIY adapter from regular PC headphone/microphone (separate mic and ear) to the PSP four conducter plug.
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...essage.id=6639
    This adapter can also be made with a ipod av cable...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information