Thread: Mini Review: Supercard DSonei

Default Mini Review: Supercard DSonei

Supercard DSonei Mini Review.

Hello guys , today I am going to review the latest product Supercard DSonei Mini from Supercard team . First of all I'd like to thank

Introduction

The Supercard team has been into the flashcart business for many years now , if my memory serves right , they started out with carts for the Gameboy Advance which is still on sale at many stores . With their great success of Supercard DSTwo which is claimed to be the best flashcart in the DS market , supercard team is getting more and more famous . They are now known for providing frequent update to meet the customer's requirements (even beyond it) , keep their promise , their products really work . Now they released a new flashcart Supercard DSonei Mini .

Packaging

The packaging of Supercard DSonei Mini is a bit different from other carts , as you see above , it's a square box instead of rectangle anymore . I've to say it's a revolution move since with this slight improvement supercard team successfully saved many trees (if the paper is made by tree . JOKE , of course) . Actually I don't like the layout of the packaging ,not as good as previous carts, personally taste though .

Inside the casing is the DSonei Mini itself and the manual , At least better than Acekard 2i (no manual comes with Acekard 2i :moogle: ). The manual is well written with 6 different language : Chinese , English , Japanese , Spanish , German ,Spanish , French . Cool , all NDS system owners are Supercard team's target :yaynds:

Build Quality

I am pretty satisfied with the build quality . It is either held together by weak glue together with a screw in the bottom on the back which make it steady , as least much better than Acekard 2i .

The LESCDS2 is not mine. D:
    Well , I happen to be the proud owner's neighbor of a LIMITED EDITION Supercard DSTwo , Of course , compared to it the DSonei Mini bowed his head .

That's how far the DSonei Mini goes out by ejecting it via spring.

Software:

what does it mean :unsure:
    I've no idea what does this icon mean , I am considering if it means it successfully bypass DSi 1.4.1 . Should be , since recently many people are asking new flashcart that work on 1.4.1 .
    Supercard DSTwo is too expensive to some people , after shoptemp stop selling pre-flashed acekard 2i , people really have not many choice as the R4 brand always can't upgrade as expected . I am not sure if this DSone Mine is pre-flashed or not as my DSi is on 1.3 , so guys please tell me if you know something about it . :yaywii:

Actually I was a Wood R4 user , it really took me almost an hour to enable the ingame menu (no kidding). Because the instructions in the official site told me to press LR + ABXY together after successfully loads the rom . I've tried many times , no luck . After google thousands times , I finally got it : Just press L + R + START if you wanna boot the ingame menu . Oh yeah , I can't wait to test the real time save since sometimes to find the save point really almost kill me especially when I am leaving the bus :angry2: . Yep , it works like a charm , it must be one of the most happy time for me , like the Magic . :grog:

Compatibility :

NDS Roms:

• Golden Sun:Dark Dawn
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops
    • Rune Factory
    • MegaManZX Advent
    • Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations
    • Mario Party DS
    • Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
    • Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    • Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Kirby Super Star Ultra
    • Time Hollow
    • Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
    • Dragon Ball Origins
    • Pokemon Ranger - Shadows of Almia
    • Metal Slug 7

Yawn. As expected, all the major titles worked without a hitch. This includes Real Time Menu. There will obviously be a few games that don't work (and sometimes it's on a per user basis), but even if they don't you can tell the Supercard team and they'd most likely fix it in the next update.
    Homebrew:

• Pocket Physics
    • Video Games Hero
    • Super Smash Bros. Clash
    • Moonshell 2.10 Stable

Most homebrew games/apps work perfectly.

Pros and Cons
    Pros:
    • Real time save , Real time Guide
    • Support MP3,Moive,TXT directly.
    • Friend GUI
    • multi-save support

Cons:

• The price is not very competitive

Conclusion:

Packaging: 7/10
    Build Quality: 9.5/10
    Software: 9/10

Overall : 8.5/10

I'd like to thanks Slickgate.com again for sending me this cart , and thank you guys for reading this review , I will be back . :gba:
    Last edited by alukadoo; June 4th, 2011 at 07:06.

Good to hear you guys like my review ..

Thread Information