Thread: Activision may shut down Black Ops PS3 servers - report

ps3 Activision may shut down Black Ops PS3 servers - report

via Computer and Video Games

Activision could shut down the PlayStation 3's Black Ops servers as a response to a "huge number of connection problems with the game" according to reports.

The response comes in a blog post from independent journalist Jason Koblovsky who contacted Activision about connection problems he and other PS3 Black Ops players have been experiencing.

He claims to have gotten the following response from an Activision representative:

"Well I have nothing else to offer and I too follow forums and have many friends who play and enjoy the game for all of its features. As an avid gamer, I would also disagree with any legalities involving a single aspect of a game as online experience may change at any time."

"The publishers have the right to shut down the servers for their game at any time as well which based on the number of reported posts from users may be a viable solution over the free PSN."
    It's an odd response and, in our opinion, not at all likely to happen, but Activision has been getting plenty of aggravation recently when it comes to Call of Duty online.

Reports on Monday said that Modern Warfare 2 has been overrun by exploits and hacks with Infinity Ward pointing the figure at Sony, saying the problems can't be fixed until the security of the PS3 is addressed.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

sounds like a forum post, not an actual Activision responce

DCEmu Regular

You know looking at all this crap going on with Ps3 lately i realise the 360 drive hacks and Jtag are actually a good thing. Because drive hacks only allow piracy and only a few dedicated and knowledgable people use Jtag on an increasingly limited supply of very old 360s, so hackers seem content with what they have so it's stopped them making any real effort to properly break the security, so really the 360s huge early weaknesses have become it's biggest strength.

DCEmu Old Pro

This stuff passes as journalism now? :rofl:

Default Whaaaaaaa

PLEASE, Activision and especially IW are nothing but cry babies, seriously. They are software providers, just like Micro$oft and others and they have to make there software secure. That like micro$oft saying "people get viruses because the pc isn't secure, fix your pc". People are always going to find hacks and exploits in games and software regardless of ho secure the system is.

Blog Entries

I personally don't think they would close the servers, because firstly they'd piss off the genuine fan-base.

As of yet, I've not even played my Modern Warfare 2 which now is old. The cheaters make me not even want to play my games online, yet I would actually like to play my games if I've purchased them.

Back on topic to Black Ops, I still think Activision wouldn't because they have map packs and whatnot to release.

Thread Information