Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PSPik - Keyboard driver version 0.01

Well I can't blame them,wait a minute sure I can....
    Homebrew will probably make the psp just as capable as that thing though.

DCEmu Legend

Doesn't work with a pocket top keyboard, which I bought for the last PSP IR Keyboard app that was made by someone on www.ps2dev.org forums (home of the makers of PSP SDK).

From what I understood of that app, the keyboard sends bytes of data over the IR and the program intercepts them and interprets them into keypresses. Sounds easy enough for making 1 keyboard work, but with the hundreds, if not thousands that exist that do not use the same bytes for certain keys, it can be hellish.

This is nothing new to the PSP and it saddens me really; not sure whatever happened to the dev who made the original PSP IR keyboard driver, but chances are if he had continued work on it from then until now(almost a year ago...) he'd have made siginificant headway, probably enough to have had the keyboard stable enough to have been incorporated into Links or AFKIM already...

Now we have to wait until the end of 2006 to see any results with this one, which makes me wonder if we'll ever see an IR keyboard for the PSP that actually has a use.

Cause lets face it, AFKIM is stable enough as it is and I haven't seen any plans for future versions, if this keyboard doesn't get fleshed out ASAP, we may lose any hope of having this integrated into AFKIM. At least Links2 is still being improved upon, there is still hope there...

Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter
    Me too, blazed.

We need to see some pics of this in action.
    I wonder if you have to line up the keyboards with the IR port on the psp?
    We need the keyboards to be attachable to the psp.
    With this development maybe some manufacturers will make one that folds over the psp face.
    /\ /\ That will truly be the day

Great proof of concept Nice work!

DCEmu Legend

Its not really a "proof of concept", since the FIRST proof of the concept is over a year old.

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.p...0899a11d7ea49c

I am not downplaying this person's achievement, but this not something 'new'. And while its great that someone else jumped on the bandwagon an 'end of the year' release date makes me question whether or not this will ever see the light of day again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information