Thread: CFW advice

DCEmu Newbie

Default CFW advice

I have had a PSP since they were first released. I still have my original fat PSP 1000 which has been gathering dust for a while so I though I'd see what else I could get it to do. After trawling through various websites and obtaining a Pandora and MMS, I have managed to convert to cfw 500 M33-6 with popsloader, psnlover and prometheus plugins. I'm fairly happy with this setup as it allows me to play all of my UMD and PSX games as well as Atari800 etc.

However, I recently purchased Angry Birds on my PS3 (don't ask me why) and copied it across to my PSP. Unfortunately, it doesn't run, giving error 80010087.

I imagine that this is to do with cfw. I've done all of the usual things: formatted MS, redownloaded etc but it still does not load. I have done the same with 'Pinball Fantasies' and that works fine.

So is there a way of running ofw and cfw on the same PSP? Or what is the best cfw that will allow me to do all of the above?

Would a HEN fw work? I'm not 100% certain what HEN is but I believe it sits on ofw and can be loaded just like a normal program. If this is true, and I hope someone will put me right, can a still load ISOs and run popsloader?

Hope you can help, and sorry if some of this seems noobish (cos it is!).

HEN = Homebrew ENabler

right now, the 6.20 TN-C HEN (and IIRC 6.35 Pro HEN A3) can run ISOs, but not popsloader. total_noob is still working on the popsloader (at least for 6.20 TN-HEN; it'll be featured in his next release, don't ask when). And yes, thanks to the PSP software signing, it is as simple as obtaining TN-C HEN (for 6.20 OFW) and Pro HEN A3 (for 6.35 OFW) and run it once upon cold boot. After that you don't need to worry about it until you restart or turn off your PSP.

that being said, have you tried putting 5.50 GEN D3 on your PSP Phat? also I'm not sure about this angry birds, but is it even compatable with PSP (or did you put the PS3 version on your PSP by mistake)?
    Last edited by adventure_of_link; February 16th, 2011 at 17:38.

Thread Information