Thread: Sony Preparing Hack-Proof PS3 SKU

ps3 Sony Preparing Hack-Proof PS3 SKU

via EverythingHQ

With all the recent price drops circulating Sony’s PlayStation 3 console and even reports suggesting the company may even introduce an official price drop, you can’t help wonder why Sony are really doing this for. If they really wanted to drop the price of their machine the best opportunity would have been at E3 last year. So, there must be a motive behind the recent price drops from major retailers – Sony are reportedly looking into a hack-proof PS3 SKU.

According to what I have been told by an anonymous source Sony are already deep into plans of developing a hack-proof PS3 system. This is mainly due to the recent leaks of Killzone 3 which has worried Sony of their console becoming a mainstream threat to piracy.

The hack-proof SKU will be a slim PlayStation 3 model and will contain a 300GB hard drive as an incentive to purchase the hack-proof system – the price of the SKU will be £186.99, my source informs me. The scheduled launch is unsure at this time due to Sony seeing if they can win the battle in the courts against the root of all the PS3 hacks – George Hotz.

Sony is essentially trying to get rid of all the old SKUs with these price drops – and even their own price drop incoming possibly – so it makes way for their new hack-proof model.

Watch as soon as it comes out it will be hacked... Remember the "unhackable" pspGO an psp3k?

DCEmu Regular

"Hack Proof" that sounds like a challenge Sony will inevitably lose. They've lost the option of hackers playing nice just patiently trying to force their way through OtherOS linux, and now the fact they suing people to simply teach them a lesson makes Sony a target for hacking for the Hell of it to teach Sony a lesson. You know i can't believe i'm saying this but i'm having some genuine respect for the way MS is running Xbox lately because they using the common sense approach and giving things like the free Pc Kinect SDK, where Sony's just digging a hole they might never fill in.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tortisetank View Post
    Watch as soon as it comes out it will be hacked... Remember the "unhackable" pspGO an psp3k?

I know. Sony makes me laugh. This new SKU PS3 will get hacked maybe even on the first 24HR of the release date just like the PSP Go (FreePlayExploit). Now all model PSPs can get hacked on girmware 6.35. With CFW 6.35PRO-A4. NGP soon enough to. Sony is just a bunch of assholes parten my language. I bought the console and i should be able to do what i want as long as it doesnt affect other peoples gameplay. Microsoft on the other hand is doing a fairly good job with hackers. This seems very familar to what happened to apple devices, making jailbreak legal.

www.mateogodlike.com
    Last edited by Mateogodlike; February 22nd, 2011 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateogodlike View Post
    Now all model PSPs can get hacked on girmware 6.35. With CFW 6.35PRO-A4.
    so what, the CFW 6.35 PRO A-4 can be installed on all PSP models, even the (un)hackable 2000s, 3000s, and Go?

Thread Information