News via psxscene

Well we can't always print bad news, even tho it seem like Sony was winnning a few rounds today, a new group called "anonymous" decided to fight back the big advancing war crabs with a FileSystem Library System that allows homebrew PS3 authors to add NTFS support to their apps along with other great file system goodies!

Quote:
I’m out of town leaving me PS3-less, so I’m unable to test this… This being a library, PlayStation File System Libraries — libpfsm, that you can use when building your homebrew projects, i.e.) Gaia Manager. And the Gaia Manager source is included and comes pre-modified as an example adding NTFS (libpfsm) support. You just need to build it now and I’m sure someone’ll do that real soon.

What does PlayStation File System Libraries feature?

* Support for multiple simultaneously connected devices.
* Hot swapping of devices.
* Support for multiple partitions (with different FS).
* NTFS support
o Alternate data streams
o Sparse files
o File compression
o B+ trees directory
* FAT support
o FAT12, FAT16, FAT32
o Long file names (VFAT)

Writing to NTFS formatted volumes is not supported and not planned.

Check the README for everything else.

Thanks to… I’ll never tell. The author wishes to remain anonymous. Cheers!
UPDATE:

Don't go re-formatting your external USB hard drives just let, even tho Gaia Manager is included with NTFS support, it does not give you 100% way to run those 4gb+ games, this library also has to be included in a new CFW for your PS3 console to give the game read support during game play, but it does allow you to directly backup those large games to your external HDD, and directly copy them from external HDD to internal to play them!

It is a great first step, so stay tuned to PSX-SCENE to watch the ever-expanding PS3 scene action unfold!

Download -> PlayStation File System Libraries