Old news (May 2010) but there is a new release of HexenDS/DualHexen. Changes include:
- Saving/Loading games (however savegames are not compatible with the PC version
- Inventory manipulation via the touchscreen:
- Touch the image of the active inventory item to use it.
- Touch the empty area just to the right of the item to bring up the inventory bar.
- Touch an item in the inventory bar to make it the active item.
- If you have more than 7 items in inventory, select the one at the edge to scroll, then return to your inventory.
- This interface could stand to be improved, but it is functional.
Altered control configuration:
- A = fire
- B = use (i.e. open doors)
- Y = jump
- X = cycle weapons
- L = strafe left
- R = strafe right
- D-Pad = move forward/backwards, turn left/right
- Touchscreen = mouselook, inventory
Newb-ish question, but how do I compile the source? I've got DevKitPro installed if anyone has a good guide?
What's wrong with using the pre-built binary? Anyway, here's a guide to installing devkitARM (you need the ARM version for DS building) http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started/devkitARM
devkitPro includes "Programmer's Notepad" software. Open dualHexen's Makefile with it and go to Tools > Make.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)