Three of the four official StarCraft II custom modsannounced by Blizzard last year are now done, dusted and ready to download.
As noted in the Battle.net announcement, Aiur Chef, Left 2 Die and Starjeweled all launched in beta in February but the final versions roll out today.
Just to recap, Left 2 Die is a cooperative take on StarCraft II's Outbreak mission which sees you trying to fend off wave after wave of undead Terrans.
StarJeweled is a riff on PopCap's puzzle classic Bejeweled that sees you launching attacks against your opponent by matching similarly coloured gems.
Finally, Aiur Chef – a pun on Japanese extreme cooking show Iron Chef – sees you scouring the game map for ingredients to complete various recipes.
As well as being polished up and de-bugged, the finished mods also have official achievements – detailed below - with new avatars to unlock.
To check them out, boot up StarCraft II and hit the Featured section of the Join Game interface to start a match.
A fourth effort – a new take on the hugely popular Warcraft III DOTA mod – is still in the works.
Aiur Chef:
  • Executor Chef - Cook at least one of each dish in all three rounds of one game of Aiur Chef.
  • Virtuoso -Win a game of Aiur Chef. Awards Zealot Chef portrait.
  • Supreme Cuisine - Score over 2000 points in a game of Aiur Chef.
  • The Heat Is On - Kill another zealot chef when hit by the Great Equalizer.
  • Allez Cuisine! - Cook two dishes within 30 seconds of each other.
Left 2 Die:
  • Live and Let Die - Complete the "Left 2 Die" scenario on Normal difficulty.
  • Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em - Kill a Stank before it kills anything on Hard difficulty. Awards Stank portrait.
  • Die Another Day - Complete the "Left 2 Die" scenario on Hard difficulty.
  • Here Comes the Hammer - Complete the "Left 2 Die" scenario before the fifth night on Brutal difficulty.
  • License to Kill - Complete the "Left 2 Die" scenario on Brutal difficulty.
  • Night Of The Living - Survive 5 Infested Horde Attacks in the "Night 2 Die" mode of the "Left 2 Die" scenario.
  • Night Of The Living II - Survive 10 Infested Horde Attacks in the "Night 2 Die" mode of the "Left 2 Die" scenario.
  • Night Of The Living III - Survive 15 Infested Horde Attacks in the "Night 2 Die" mode of the "Left 2 Die" scenario.
StarJeweled:
  • Tag Team - Win a 2v2 game of 'StarJeweled' with no A.I. Players.
  • Jewel Crafter - Win a 1v1 game of 'StarJeweled' against a Medium A.I. opponent.
  • Jewel Star - Win a 1v1 game of 'StarJeweled' against a Hard A.I. opponent.
  • Jewel Super Star - Win a 1v1 game of 'StarJeweled' against a Very Hard A.I. opponent.
  • Jewel Rock Star - Win a 1v1 game of 'StarJeweled' against an Insane A.I. opponent.
  • Jewel of Denial - Heal 3000 points of damage in a game of 'StarJeweled' using the Healing Wave ability. Awards Ornatus portrait.
  • World of Orecraft - Do a 6 combo gem break and receive "For the Swarm" notification in a game of 'StarJeweled'.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-mods-released