News via http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/04/10/p...s-compo-entry/
Coldbird and Virtuous Flame announced a while ago that the next version of their CFW would be part of the genesis competition, and here they are, with CFW Pro B4, a new version packed with features.
One of the things that will probably get the most attention is that CFW Pro is now compatible not only with Firmware 6.35, but also with firmware 6.20 (separate download), a feature that was announced as a “big surprise” in an interview here on wololo.net. Not only that, but the 6.20 package actually has 2 versions, one being a regular HEN/LCFW, the other one being a permanent CFW (Permanent patch is not possible on 6.35 for now). This gives even more choice to all the people who were staying on 6.20 to benefit from TN’s Hen. It is now possible to use both TN’s Hen or CFW PRo on 6.20. A way for the two coders to let you try their work, and decide if you want to upgrade to 6.35.
There’s lots of stuff to be said about this new update, but I’ll simply quote Coldbird here:
Sony has always been trying to put a lock on our consoles, preventing us from using the full abilities of the devices we bought, well… if something’s locked then you just need the key, right?
Welcome to the World of PRO Custom Firmware, your handy gadget firmware for PSP Jailbreaking!
We’re proud to be the most compatible Aftermarket Custom Firmware out in the scene, providing support for all PSP hardware revisions currently available for sale.
PRO Custom Firmware is available in three different variations, providing you with bleeding edge entertainment.
- Dump UMD Images to ISO
- Dump PSN-Bought Titles to ISO (using NPDecryptor)
- Dump PSN-Classic Decryption Keys
- version.txt FW-Revision Fake Support
- Supports new firmware Titles
- PSN Support
- ISO / CSO Playback Support
- PSN Classic Sharing Support (Decryption Keydump required)
- Custom PSX EBOOT Playback Support
- Permanent Bootloader Support (on 6.20 version)
- Recovery Menu Support
- XMB Satellite Support
- Overclocking Support (including WLAN fix)
- High Memory Unlock Support (for 2g+ models, including 5g pause game fix)
- Plugin Support
- NID Resolving Support (1.XX, 3.XX, 5.XX, 6.XX)
- Homebrew Playback Support
- Multiple ISO Drivers (M33, Inferno, NP9660)
- Registry Hack Support (Unlock WMA, Unlock Flash Player, X/O Button Swap)
- PRO NoDRM Engine (use decrypted DLCs for your games)
- 5g IoPath Fixer (to improve compatiblity to old plugins on PSP Go)
- Region Fake Support
- MAC Address Hider
- Gameboot Skip Support
- Bootlogo Skip Support
- USB FlashProtect Support
- EBOOT Picture Hider (decreases loading time of EBOOT thumbnails)
- 5g Savestate Anti-Delete Feature (prevents savegame deletion on game resume on PSP Go)
- USB Battery Charging Support (for 2g+ models)
Informations for Permanent Flash Users (6.20 only!!)
- Added 6.20 OFW Kernel Support
- Added 6.20 Type 2 PRX Permanent Bootloader
- Improved NID Resolver (Including 6.20 <-> 6.35 NIDs)
- Improved Game Compatiblity via Anti-NBGI Fixes
- Added Inferno OSS ISO Driver (Improves Compatiblity and Speed)
- Fixed BGM Playback Bug in Recovery Menu
- Improved Satellite Permission Detection
- Fixed Skype Crash Bugs
- Added Custom PSX Manual Support
- Added version.txt Display Support
- Added Parental Level Check for ISO / CSO
- Some small fixes we probably forgot about…
Model Generation Compatiblity
- Pressing R while booting loads the recovery.
- Pressing Select while booting loads OFW.
- When applying the Permanent Patch, choose X on first question and O on second to install, two times X only tests whether your device is compatible with our Permanent Bootloader.
- Should you manage to brick yourself, try pressing O+X+Select+Start while turning your PSP on. It will trigger a emergency uninstall.
- 6.20 Version works for 1g, 2g, 3g, 4g and 5g models.
- 6.35 Version works on all models up to 9g.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)