Thread: Couple of requests...

Default Couple of requests...

Could someone please tell me if the follwoing roms are 100% working on Neo4all_AES, and if they have any prefetchs avalible:

(I've put the name of the game, followed by the name of the rom)

The king of fighters ex 2004 - kof2k3ex
    The king of fighters 2003 ultra plus - kof2k3up
    The king of fighters 10th anniversity edition extra plus - kf10thepd
    svc plus boss (bootleg) - svcplus
    Samurai Shodown V Special (fully decrypted, "fatalities" enabled) - s5spnd
    Pochi & Nyaa V2.00 - pochi
    Tokon Matrimlee - pim
    metal slug 5 - mslug5
    sengoku 3 - sengoku3
    metal slug 2 - mslug2
    metal slug X - mslugx
    samurai shodown 2 - samsho2
    rage of the dragons - RAGE_O~1

If the rom isn't 100% working, could you please tell me what glitches there are (sound, buggy graphics etc). Your help is gratefully appreciated, thank you.

as far as i tested ("ok, after decryption" means that the game boots itself, minor problems are listed after that):

kof2k3ex - not tested yet
    kof2k3up - not tested yet
    kf10thepd - not tested yet
    svcplus - ok after decryption
    samsh5sp - ok after decryption, missing lifebars only
    pnyaa - ok after decryption
    matrim - ok after decryption, no BGM, uses S1 from beoRAGEx 5.0 aff2a3be since the original s1 shows a lot of gfx problems, even after decryption
    mslug5 - only MVS set, after decryption
    sengoku3 - ok, after decryption
    mslug2 - ok
    mslugx - ok
    samsho2 - ok
    rotd - ok after decryption, no BGM

Thx Shoometsu for the prompt response.

Could you please test kf10thepd as I would really like to play it on DC. Don't worry about the others, there not as good

Regarding mslug5, how do i know if i've got the MVS set?

Finally do I need prefetches for any of those roms listed, or will they run ok as they are? Thx 4 all the info, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoometsu
    as far as i tested ("ok, after decryption" means that the game boots itself, minor problems are listed after that):

kof2k3ex - not tested yet
    kof2k3up - not tested yet
    kf10thepd - not tested yet
    svcplus - ok after decryption
    samsh5sp - ok after decryption, missing lifebars only
    pnyaa - ok after decryption
    matrim - ok after decryption, no BGM, uses S1 from beoRAGEx 5.0 aff2a3be since the original s1 shows a lot of gfx problems, even after decryption
    mslug5 - only MVS set, after decryption
    sengoku3 - ok, after decryption
    mslug2 - ok
    mslugx - ok
    samsho2 - ok
    rotd - ok after decryption, no BGM
    Wow! It seems you've altered your ROMRC a lot - May I ask you to share your ROMRC with us ?

Also, what tool are you using for en/decryption ?

Quote Originally Posted by A$h X
    Finally do I need prefetches for any of those roms listed, or will they run ok as they are? Thx 4 all the info, bro.[/FONT]
    Well, I assume they'll work, but far from perfect since the loading is pretty heavy with these huge games.

Exceptions are Samurai Shodown II, Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 2. These work okay and for both Metal Slugs prefetches are available, but in case of MS2 + SS2 I have to recommend the CD versions with NEO4All/CD.

In general, it's better to stick with NEO4All/CD and use AES4All only for games that are below 25 Mbyte in size (unzipped) or those for which prefetches are available (like Shock Troopers which runs 100% perfectly).

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser
    Wow! It seems you've altered your ROMRC a lot - May I ask you to share your ROMRC with us ?

Also, what tool are you using for en/decryption ?

Well, I assume they'll work, but far from perfect since the loading is pretty heavy with these huge games.

Exceptions are Samurai Shodown II, Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 2. These work okay and for both Metal Slugs prefetches are available, but in case of MS2 + SS2 I have to recommend the CD versions with NEO4All/CD.

In general, it's better to stick with NEO4All/CD and use AES4All only for games that are below 25 Mbyte in size (unzipped) or those for which prefetches are available (like Shock Troopers which runs 100% perfectly).
    1 - romrc attached. it's not a final version yet, since I need to test some romsets.

2 - the easiest way to you is to any fba with an option to save decrypted roms directly from memory (suggesting you FB evo from www.snk-neofighters.com)+ some neo geo hacking experience (for P roms data)

3 - samsho3 aes freezes on the first round, I dunno what is happening yet. all the metal slugs are working fine here (some only after a properly decryption).

the biggest problem with the romrc file is the way that it allocates the C roms data, besides it works with gngeo (i dunno, because i don't use any *nix system here YET XD), it don't work properly with aes4all, so i need to change it, and do a "plain" allocation, it'll solve the most problems with gfx glitches in aes4all. if you still having problems, i recommend you to use the neogeo.dat & neogeoextra.dat from nebula, and allocate the roms on the same way as it

final note: the problems found are listed on each game in the romrc file (most of them, at least).

Thanks a lot for sharing the file + info Keep up your tests with AES4All!

no problems, I'll post the final romrc when it's done.

Thread Information