Thread: How can I convert PDF files to Epub for iPad 2

Question How can I convert PDF files to Epub for iPad 2

Hi all,
    I would like to know, is there any way I can convert PDF files (over 30MB, so "ePub2Go" is out) to ePub file so I can drop it off in iTunes and then read it on my iPad 2?
    I just want to be able to read PDF formated book on iPad 2... Apple, why are you so difficult?

DCEmu Newbie

For iBooks and it's free. If you install it and are unable to find the app, restart your iPad and then it will show up. I had this problem and after doing some searches in google it seems to be a common problem but works great after that.
    Here is the tutorial for How to Convert PDF to Epub for iPad.
    Simply a click the PDF file has been converted to Epub. Then you can sync the Epub files to your iDevice via itunes.
    Hope it can do you a favor.
    Last edited by yiyi001; April 29th, 2011 at 11:47.

DCEmu Newbie

As mentioned, iBooks can handle PDFs. Drag and drop the desired PDFs into iTunes and then sync with your iPad.
    Some people have reported iBooks crashing shortly after opening large PDFs with iBooks. It was suggested that a reset of the iDevice to resolve that issue.
    Personally, I haven't any large PDFs so I can't vouch for the resolution method above.

calbre is a good converter for free software but i don't really like free software its a pain in the ars. this is because i perfure to read things with good formatting and i love having indexing. i like to use Manuel conversions for files and books and u should give this company a try if u looking to sell files or books they are fairly cheep pdf to
    convert to epub

DCEmu Newbie

First please make sure you have installed iBooks app in your iphone. If you don’t have it yet you can go to the iTunes Store to download one and it will be automatically installed the next time you sync your iPhone to your computer. Open the PDF file in the iBooks app and now you can enjoy your epub ibooks.
    Beside, you can ask google how to convert pdf to epub and he will give you recommendation of useful converter and instructive articles. For mac users, you can refer to this article: how to convert pdf to epub on mac. h t t p://www.levesoft.com/how-to-convert-pdf-to-epub-book-on-mac.html
    Last edited by lilywen; May 12th, 2012 at 10:51.

Thread Information