Thread: My Final Fantasy collection on the PlayStation (home) consoles.

Blog Entries

Talking My Final Fantasy collection on the PlayStation (home) consoles.

Okay, so now I've practically completed the collection of any title worth getting. But it just leaves me with the question of whether or not I should add Dirge of Cerberus to the collection, although for some reason I think not.

Any thoughts?

In the meantime, here's my awesome collection.

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Chronicles

Final Fantasy Origins

Final Fantasy Anthology

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XIII

Also, Chrono Cross. The sequel to Chrono Trigger, which is on the Final Fantasy Chronicles disc pack. Is it worth picking up that title also?

Chrono Cross is okay, not as good as Chrono Trigger or any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games though. Definitely worth a look though. I got quite far into it but got stuck on a screen in a swamp where I could not make the main character walk to where he was supposed to walk. All the FAQs I looked up just said something like "now walk up the path" and I just couldn't get the character to do such a simple thing. I never heard of anyone else with the same trouble so I must have been doing something wrong but I do not know what.

I didn't like Dirge of Cerebrus at all but it was so long a go that I last played it that I cannot remember why.

DCEmu Newbie

But it just leaves me with the question of whether or not I should add Dirge of Cerberus to the collection, although for some reason I think not.

Any thoughts?

Dirge is one of those really under valued games cause at the time it came out people said "omg its not turn based its shooting" and so not Final Fantasy. If you ever want to know the whole story of Final Fantasy 7 and what really happen in the mansion you have to play Dirge in my opinion. Please it does give you yet one more chance to ultimately save Midgar from being sucked into space.
    Last edited by tebian; May 30th, 2011 at 08:34.

Blog Entries

I will probably pick up Dirge of Cerberus sometime in the near future, though I probably won't play it (like most of my games I haven't yet gotten around to). But I would rip and view the video data at some point, to save on a few days of gameplay.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're missing XI and XIV. A friend of mine was hugely into XI when it came out for PS2 but he quit playing it a few years back. I haven't heard a single good thing about XIV as well though and don't no anyone personally who owns the thing.

Curious though, what were your thoughts on XIII VampDude?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    You're missing XI and XIV. A friend of mine was hugely into XI when it came out for PS2 but he quit playing it a few years back. I haven't heard a single good thing about XIV as well though and don't no anyone personally who owns the thing.

Curious though, what were your thoughts on XIII VampDude?
    XI didn't appeal to me, due to the only way of playing is via a monthly subscription. Which is a great shame for the series. Which Final Fantasy XIV hasn't yet been released for the PS3, although it's been on the PC since September 2010. But I'm not much of a PC gamer, except for the odd game or two.

As for XIII, it hasn't yet seen the inside of my PS3. But I've read various and mixed views on the game, though when I've finished playing Final Fantasy Tactics, I will finally be playing XIII, since I want XIII-2 when it's released near the end of this year (hopefully a Christmas title) or beginning of 2012.

Thread Information