Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New BOR Mod Loader?

Default A New BOR Mod Loader?

Hey all - I'm looking at putting together two separate DCEvo-Style projects, to help promote Mods of Rage (and probably help promote DCEvo in the process). What I want to do is find some way to put all of the completed BOR mods in one disc image, and all of the demo mods (or at least, the best ones that will fit together on the disc) in another disc image. Unfortunately, my only options at the moment, are to use Ian Micheal's mod loader, which only loads 4 mods, or DCDayDreamer's hack (sorry for not finding a better word for it) of Chui's Fenix Loader, which is PAL only.
    Are there any coders out there that might be able to fix something up without much effort that might allow me to throw a semi-infinite number of mods together on one disc? It would be nice if we could add our own music and images to it, but it doesn't have to be too fancy.

P.S. - Sorry for abusing my admin privileges and posting in the private dev forum, but I don't really want this project announced to the public, yet.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Default Re: A New BOR Mod Loader?

Well, let's see... DCDayDreamer isn't around much these days as he had probs with his net account but he mentioned that he has updated the Fenix BOR loader recently. As this is a private dev forum, I think I can spoil it here ;D

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 20:15 pm

I was a bit fed up today so I took a look at this again, I've made up a new package:

This loader is now fully set up to load the original BOR.PAK file and...
    50 BOR MODS

All you need to do is throw in the pak files and rename then 01 to 50 (if you want that many in there), if you dont want that many just delete out a 2 line entry in the xml file (or leave it there and not select it at the menu).

I'm waiting for an email from Chui about NTSC support from the loader so I won't upload this PAL only version just yet.
    I don't know much about it - if Chui would release the source or if he replied at all since DCDayDreamer's last email etc - but at least it's a possible solution for a special BOR project if we could get the NTSC support added somehow.

We were working on a exact the same project in the past - maybe we can do a joint venture release of this so I really would like to invite you to our new hidden contributers forum over at DCEvolution.net, Curt. Just send Skyhawk a PM if you are interested - I am certainly looking forward to work with you on a project like this

Greetings,

Chris

I wasn't sure about posting here seeing as it's for the coders, but Curt started a topic so here goes:

Chui is very busy with GP32 stuff along with the Fenix project, he offered me the source in the past when I first made 'the hack' he explained all about the GPL and stuff which means little to me as I don't know how to code anyway. His dev set up was for PAL only, does that make any sense to you coders? (this is something I know nothing about), so he couldn't make an NTSC version.

I've got the source for the loader along with permission from Chui to do my own modifications. If any coder is interested I could send the source to them.

[quote author=DCDayDreamer link=board=pdev;num=1092277024;start=0#2 date=08/12/04 at 05:11:51]I wasn't sure about posting here seeing as it's for the coders, but Curt started a topic so here goes:

Chui is very busy with GP32 stuff along with the Fenix project, he offered me the source in the past when I first made 'the hack' he explained all about the GPL and stuff which means little to me as I don't know how to code anyway. His dev set up was for PAL only, does that make any sense to you coders? (this is something I know nothing about), so he couldn't make an NTSC version.

I've got the source for the loader along with permission from Chui to do my own modifications. If any coder is interested I could send the source to them.[/quote]

The PAL-only thing makes sense to me. That's the same reason that kamjin released NTSC-only projects.
    That's fantastic that he released the source to you. That brings us one step closer to seeing a new loader.

@chris - I am interested in doing this project with DCEvo, in fact, I was kind of hoping it would be a DCEvo project that I would contribute to. Maybe a partner-project between DCEvo and Mods of Rage.

I will PM skyhawk for info.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

[quote author=curt_grymala link=board=pdev;num=1092277024;start=0#3 date=08/12/04 at 08:52:29]I am interested in doing this project with DCEvo, in fact, I was kind of hoping it would be a DCEvo project that I would contribute to. [/quote]

That's great! I have to admit that I've completly lost any overview about the current BOR Mods around, but some seems to be absolutly fantastic

[quote author=curt_grymala link=board=pdev;num=1092277024;start=0#3 date=08/12/04 at 08:52:29]Maybe a partner-project between DCEvo and Mods of Rage.[/quote]

That's what I thought & hoped too

Chris

Wow that would be uber cool. I was always thinking on making such a compilation, but I also lost track of what good mods have been released. An image would definitly help of bringing in more BOR fans.

You have now access at the Dev forum at DC Evolution. See you there!

DCEmu Regular

Im not sure what he means by pal only is it based on kos or some thing else. If's it's kos based it's as easy as a recompile and change the video mode. Or put a 50/60 selector in.

Send it to me if i have time ill look at it [email protected].
    Dont get much time thou and it sounds strange to be pal only to me. I do every thing for ntsc yet i work on a pal dc and pal tv.

If it dont not pan out i can do a loader then loads 10 to 12 bor mods with music and changing pictures coded that just not released for the public.

[quote author=Ian_micheal link=board=pdev;num=1092277024;start=0#6 date=08/23/04 at 09:37:39]
    Im not sure what he means by pal only is it based on kos or some thing else. If's it's kos based it's as easy as a recompile and change the video mode. Or put a 50/60 selector in.

Send it to me if i have time ill look at it *[email protected].
    Dont get much time thou and it sounds strange to be pal only to me. I do every thing for ntsc yet i work on a pal dc and pal tv.

If it dont not pan out i can do a loader then loads 10 to 12 bor mods with music and changing pictures coded that just not released for the public.[/quote]

Sounds great! Thanks Ian I`ll post it over at the DCEvo forum.

I think the first image is almost released, but a NTSC fix for the Fenix loader would be fantastic for future DCEvo projects. Your unreleased BOR loader sounds interesting too. If you are still interested in contributing it, we could release the next image with your personal loader (& the proper credits of course ) very soon because lots of Mods didnīt make it into this release... Do you remember the BORXtra Special Edition for the GP32!? I still have the links etc but I can`t update the Sprite limit to 2000+ within the BOR DC engine which is needed for this Mod - We`ve PMed about it some time ago

Chris

I think the first image is almost released, but a NTSC fix for the Fenix loader would be fantastic for future DCEvo projects.
    Check out the dev forum at DCEvo Chris .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information