Thread: PSN Welcome Back content now available

ps3 PSN Welcome Back content now available

via Eurogamer

The Welcome Back extras promised to PlayStation Network users in the wake of April's massive security breach are available now, Sony has announced.

As explained last month, PlayStation 3 owners can claim any two of Dead Nation, inFAMOUS, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty and Wipeout HD + Fury.

PSP users can choose two from LittleBigPlanet (PSP), ModNation Racers, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation.

To claim your freebies, access the PlayStation Store from your XMB, click on the Welcome Back banner, select "PlayStation 3 free games", hit "Get now" and then make your choices.

If you own both systems, yes, you can claim four games in total.

You'll also be able to activate your 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership from the same menu.

Current PS Plus subscribers don't need to do anything to claim their 60 days free membership – it's been automatically credited to your account, with a further 10 days to be added in a few days time.

A number of free virtual items are available in PlayStation Home, and a selection of "on us" movies are available for rental free of charge this weekend where Video Service is available.

Finally, Music Unlimited Premium subscribers receive an additional 60 days of free premium membership. Any Music Unlimited free trial users affected by the outage get 30 days of service.

Blog Entries

I'm taking full advantage of the Welcome Back package.

From the U.S. store, I've downloaded all the PS+ dynamic themes, since they aren't FREE in the UK store. Somehow my basket titles disappeared? So no PS3 games from the U.S. but I will make good use of the PSP titles, since I haven't purchased the PSP version of ModNation.

From the Aus store, I've downloaded Dead Nation and I'm currently 11% on inFamous.

When all that is done, from the UK store I will be downloading Ratchet and Clank, plus Wipeout HD.

The benefits of having multiple accounts, which I still have another account to raid all in good time when the network is up and operational in the Asian territories.

Anyone with multiple accounts (made before the outage), I seriously advise you to take full advantage of SONY's generosity... Since they did keep us offline, it's all fair in my opinion. Free PS3 games that aren't in any way pirate copies.

Blog Entries

thats a sound way of gettting all the games, shame i ididnt think of that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    thats a sound way of gettting all the games, shame i ididnt think of that
    I would have thought you had an extra account or two, like myself... Who now has all the titles, possibly the first person to do so from the Welcome Back package.

I've just changed the password on an extra account, which I'll send you a PM so you can get an extra two games.

Oh, you don't accept PM's.

Thread Information