Developer and publisher bosses speak up on new Nintendo console – here’s what they had to say
Yves Guillemot, CEO, Ubisoft:

“This new controller really revolutionises the traditional pad.

“In Assassin’s Creed, you can just imagine what the multiplayer will look like and Ghost Recon Online will leverage the fantastic connectivity of the new controller.”

Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment:
“It has connectivity, advanced graphics and an engaging interface. This is exactly what it takes to shape the future.
“Batman: Arkham City is going to be on the new console.”

Frank Gibeau, President, EA Games:
“It’s a phenomenal piece of technology. It’s a platform that’s really going to revolutionise what’s happening in consoles.”

Peter Moore, President, EA Sports:
“Once we saw the new console together with the new controller, my mind immediately started racing as to what we can do with this in the world of sports.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring the power of EA Sports to Nintendo’s new console.”

Ken Levine, Creative Director, Irrational Games:
“It’s a full console experience. [For example] if my wife is asleep I can put in headphones and play a full hardcore console gaming experience in bed on this smaller screen. That’s a really revolutionary thing for me as a gamer.
“It seems like Nintendo heard the voices of the hardcore gamer.”

Warren Spector, Vice President & Creative Director, Junction Point, Disney Interactive Media Group:
“It means we can make games of the sort that we were never able to make before.
“It’s not just more of the same, it really is opening up a whole new world of gameplay.”

Danny Bilson, Executive VP of Core Games, THQ:
“I call it the swiss army knife of controllers – it does absolutely everything you could want.
“We’re planning on putting Darksiders II on the new console at launch.”

Jeremiah Slaczka, CEO and Creative Director, 5th Cell:
“The ability to have asymmetrical gameplay so one player can be doing one thing while another player can be doing something else on the TV.”

Katsuhiro Harada, Chief Game Director, Namco Bandai Games:
“Without intruding upon your friend’s match, you can play a different game on a separate screen.
“In Tekken’s 16-year history, this is the first time it will be released on a Nintendo home console.”

Karthik Bala, CEO, Vicarious Visions:
“There was total shock and amazement from the team. Nintendo really know how to keep us developers on our toes.”
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44754/NINT...-praises-Wii-U