Thread: Activision confirms Wii U support

Blog Entries

Default Activision confirms Wii U support

Internal teams at Activision are already working with the Wii U, according to publishing boss Eric Hirshberg - although the company is still yet to announce any specific titles.

Speaking to US trade site IndustryGamers, Hirshberg spoke about Wii U's increased relevance to his company's catalogue.

"I think Nintendo's an incredible company and it looks like this is a platform that's going to be even more relevant to the kinds of games we make," said Hirshberg.

When asked whether Activision studios were already working on ideas for the system Hirshberg responded: "Absolutely, yeah."

Hirshberg refused to announce any specific titles though and would not be pressed on the possibility of a Call Of Duty game on the Wii U, even though versions of previous titles have appeared on the original Wii.

"There are some first person shooters out there that are using motion control and Kinect and we're not and that's a conscious choice. Call of Duty runs at 60 fps. It's an incredibly precise game. It's an incredibly smooth game. We still think the DualShock controller is the best way to deliver that game," he said.

"But there are other games where new innovations make all the sense in the world. I was very excited about some of the things that I saw in the Wii U because I thought it was an innovative take on the next gen controller and the next gen console. I was really excited to see Nintendo taking their console into something that I think is going to be friendlier to core games."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-wii-u-support

core gamers tend to have no life, i wish they stopped mentioning "hardcore" gamers and refer to them as "get outside more" gamers or "no life" nerds! lol.

Thread Information