Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPS1PSP WIP News And Cache Convertor Source Code Released

psp CPS1PSP WIP News And Cache Convertor Source Code Released

Have you forgotten about the CPS1 emulator with all of the excitement over the CPS2 emulator? Well, NJ certainly hasn't and he's been hard at work on his CPS1PSP emulator.
    Planned
    -Change the drawing processes to ones similar to CPS2 to improve the speed by as much as possible.
    -Change the Z80 core.
    -Add state save/load: The state save feature is mainly to make the debugging process easier (I added it because I don't want to keep on playing until the same spot where a bug occurs over and over again), and I have given absolutely no consideration for compatibility with other emulators.
    -Anything else that I may happen to think of.

Nothings been going the way I had planned. First of all, it's unstable. There's been lots of occasions where I haven't even been able to compile it. By adding the -G0 compile option it won't even run. Without it, there are games that won't run when using the same C68K as CPS2. It also looks like I won't be able to use CZ80. To make it compatible with kabuki encryption, I'd have to make quite a few changes to the source, but by making it compatible, I've got the feeling that it'll be even slower than MAME's Z80.
    This is about what the state of things is right now.

It certainly is rough emulating YM2151 with the PSP's processing capabilities.
    I'm planning on ending development of this with the next release.
    Additionally, he has finally released the source code for the cache converters for the NEO GEO and CPS2 emulators, and it should now be much easier to port this tool to other platforms. For those interested:
    About the Source
    -I had absolutely no plans to release this, so there isn't even a single comment.
    -Because the it would be tedious to write the explanation, I haven't even written instructions on how to compile it.
    -The source code is so disorganized that I have declined to supply it when I have received requests for the source in order to port it. Frankly, (especially with CPS2) I don't think you'll be able to tell what's going on when looking at it.
    -Visual C++ 6.0 is necessary in order to compile it. If you fix the makefile you can compile it in versions later than 6.0. It would be necessary to rewrite the code under GCC.
    -zip32j.dll is used for the ZIP compression.
    -I won't reply to any questions related to the program, so please understand.
    The readme contains much of the same information, but with apologies for only using GCC for PSP applications, a note that he uses GNU MAKE, an appeal to do something about the zip32j.dll dependancy should it be ported, and finally, a comment that the source for the emulators proper needs to be cleaned up, but is forthcoming.

Cool, I'm going to try it out asap. Thanks NJ.

DCEmu Newbie

Super fast update. I haven 't even begun to play with the previous release of this emu. whew!

yes, yes, yes! ...thankyou very much NJ! I'll give this a go in an hour once I finish work!

Also thanks to Ba8 for the information and translation on this release.

I'm hoping that with the source code being released we might finaly get a new version of mame that plays most games (tmnt, simpsons, crudebuster, BUBBLE BOBBLE etc)

NJ.. the saviour of PSP arcade emulation! Happy days!

Maybe it's just me but Beta2 runs better especially with SF2 Turbo. Big difference in speed. A good update, but I'll stick with Beta2 until the save state is included in the future release.

Thanks so much NJ

DCEmu Rookie

Odd. I've had CPS1 Beta 3 on my HD since August 5 or 6th. I downloaded this release today from DCEMU and the creation dates are the same on both EBOOTs (Aug 5). I even had the Beta 3 Read Me. Am I missing something here? Hasn't this release (minus cache converter source code) been out for over a month now?

Maybe I got it directly from his website, I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon
    I'm hoping that with the source code being released we might finaly get a new version of mame that plays most games (tmnt, simpsons, crudebuster, BUBBLE BOBBLE etc)

Me too. With everything that's now possible on the PSP, it amazes me that I still can't play "Tapper: Budwieser Edition" on any of the current MAME emulators.

great release

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Good update. would be better if fullscreen was added and save facility

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information