Core gamers left cold by Microsoft's Kinect-heavy E3 presentation will come around eventually, the platform holder believes.

When Eurogamer asked Xbox senior product manager David Dennis if it was disappointed at the mixed response to its press conference earlier this month, he insisted naysayers may well change their minds once they get a chance to try out the titles it showcased.

"I think it was as we expected," he explained.

"We showed amazing core game experiences and we showed great Kinect experiences. Both social/casual Kinect experiences as well as stuff like Rise of Nightmares and Ryse which we think are certainly going to appeal to the core.”

Dennis then likened the response to Microsoft's 2010 show where, he argued, critics scornful of its Kinect reveal were ultimately won over when the device eventually hit the shelves.

"It's similar to last year where some of the core gaming media walked out of E3 a little sceptical about Kinect and said 'I'm never going to do that'. But a lot of them also went and bought Kinect and said 'Oh my god, I love it, I break it out when I'm having a party, I play with my girlfriend, finally I can play with my kids.'

"I think people have embraced Kinect and we think that a lot of what we showed at E3... whether people fully understand it now, as we open up more and more over time and explain and let people get hands-on, we think people are going to love it."

Microsoft used its E3 presser this year to show-off a bevy of new Kinect titles, including Kinect Sports 2, Kinect Fun Labs, Ryse, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Disney Adventures and Star Wars Kinect, alongside a sprinkling of more traditional 360 fare, such as the Halo: Combat Evolved remake, Gears of War 3, Tomb Raider and Mass Effect 3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e3-performance