Epic's Cliff Bleszinski will definitely be in line for a Nintendo Wii U when it comes to release and, if you ask him, so will Nintendo sceptics.

The Gears of War designer told Industry Gamers over the weekend that naysayers surrounding the new Nintendo machine need to recognise patterns in history.

"From what I've seen, it looks pretty cool," he said. "It seems like you can stream your game from your television directly to your [tablet] controller, so if you have irritable bowel syndrome, or a small bladder, you can still play it in the toilet.

"That's great. But, you know, from what people are saying online, they're like, 'Oh, it's just a DreamCast, whatever.' But it's like, 'Dude, what's old is new sometimes.'"

"The Power Glove [back on NES] led to the Wii," he pointed out. "The Virtual Boy led to the 3DS, right? A lot of these older technologies that you forget about are [the technological predecessors]. The Kinect is a sophisticated webcam, right?

"So I'm just dying to see it. It's Nintendo. I'll buy it. I know I'll buy it. They'll talk sh*t but they'll buy it," he added, referring to the sceptical gamers on message boards, according to Industry Gamers.

Epic is yet to make its official plans, if any, on the Wii U known, although, at GDC this year, Mark Rein famously said, "the second Nintendo releases a piece of hardware that can run our engine well, we'll be on it like water on fish."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ay-bleszinski/