News via http://blackbird.usask.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?id=41
This is the official thread of PS3roar at Homebrew Café, I'll try to keep this thread upto date as much as possible as development completes.
What is PS3roar? Good question!
PS3roar is a port of xroar for X windows, as well as; the Nintendo DS, GPX32, PSP and AMIGA OS4. PS3roar is a Dragon 32 and 64 Computer emulator that runs on a wide variety of platforms, now including the PS3. Due to hardware similarities, PS3roar also emulates the Tandy Colour Computer (CoCo) models 1 & 2.
The PS3 port and modifications completed by CrashSerious (me). The PS3 port uses PSL1GHTv2, a free and Open Source SDK for the PS3.
PS3roar is a Dragon/Tandy Coco emulator, is a port of xRoar by Ciaran Anscomb.
xRoar is Copyright (C) 2003-2010 Ciaran Anscomb <xroar -aT- 6809.org.uk>
Below is an image as it currently is in development:
The currently working options in the emulator are:
- 6809 emulation
- Video display (at original pixel size) on the display w/ background
- Keyboard emulation with PSL1GHT_SDL that has a keyboard Driver (https://github.com/CrashSerious/SDL_PSL1GHT)
- Cart loading from /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/ROMS/ (CTRL-I)
- Cassette loading from /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/CASSETTES/ (CTRL-L)
- Cassette Saves from /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/CASSETTES/ (CTRL-W)
- New Cassette creation (currently only one filename is used, a input mechanism is needed)
- Disk loading from /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/DISKS/ (CTRL 1-4)
- Disk Saving from /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/DISKS/ (No Key, automatically writable)
- New DISK (.dsk) creation (currently only one filename is used, a input mechanism is needed)
- Snapshot loading from /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/SNAPSHOTS/ (CTRL+S)
- Snapshot saving to /dev_hdd0/game/PS3Roar00/USRDIR/SNAPSHOTS/
- Emulation Soft Reset (CTRL-R)
- Emulation Hard Reset (SHIFT-CTRL-R)
- Exit (CTRL-C)
- trace mode (with DEX or Ethboot payload)
- Fixed emulator in all resolutions supported by the PS3. 480p, 720p, 1080p, etc (576p still needs tested, but should work)
- Switching to and from full screen mode enabled, set full screen to default.
- Sound (Sound is there, but not 100% correct)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)