Thread: Wii news and how the DS was affected

Blog Entries

NDS Wii news and how the DS was affected

Nintendo's US press event recently concluded and while all of your Wii information needs have probably been satisfied, nothing else was discussed about Wii-DS connectivity. We know that Iwata already said that the WiiConnect24 service could be used to download content to the DS, whether it be a demo or something else, and also that the DS could also be used as a controller through the Wii's menu interface, but this was not demonstrated at the event or further discussed there.

So what does this mean? Probably nothing. We should still see Nintendo's handheld play a large role in the Wii's interactivity and extra content. We should still see the DS downloading demos from the WiiConnect24 service. We should still see the DS being used as a controller to navigate menus in the Wii's interface. Just because Nintendo didn't show any of the features you'll be able to access on the Wii through the DS doesn't mean they aren't coming. We should be seeing and hearing more on the two consoles interacting as the launch date for the Wii draws near.

Via DS Fanboy

using the DS as a controller for the Wii would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue
    using the DS as a controller for the Wii would be awesome.
    Only if you could use the touch screen!

DCEmu Newbie

I would bet some of these features are going to be droped to rush the release date of Wii. I still don't understand why Gamecube connectivity ended with the GBA as SP and Micro could have been easily connective with the Cube (or even been promoted to full package with Zelda 4 Swords recycled)

I've been wondering what effect FlashMe will have on my DS's connectivity with the Wii. It would be a shame if my flashed DS was unusable.

i guess the gba will be able to link with the Wii through the gamecube ports
    I FLASHED MY DS LITE WITH LOW BATTERY LOL AND I GOT TO 100% WOO WHY DID I DO THIS COS I LOST MY CHARGER.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGuyDude
    I've been wondering what effect FlashMe will have on my DS's connectivity with the Wii. It would be a shame if my flashed DS was unusable.
    I hope not cause mine is flashed also.

Thread Information