Battlefield 3 creator DICE believes that the hack which brought PSN to its knees in April will lead to the service becoming stronger.

Speaking in a full interview posted over on the PSM3 blog, the studio's boss Patrick Bach was asked his view on the security breach.

He replied: "I think its good that the problem is getting sorted now so that similar things won't happen again. However, of course, it's hurting us here and now but I think in the long-run it won't matter, and it'll actually create a better online service for PS3 owners.

"I think it's sad that it happened, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Everyone has to just live with it, I'm glad it has been dealt with, and I'm not worried about the future."

PSN was taken offline for just under four weeks by Sony following the security breach, but has now been fully reinstated across the globe.

DICE's Battlefield 3 will be a popular multiplayer addition to PSN when it released in October. DICE believes that the PS3 version of the game will be "very similar" to the PC SKU - despite allowing for fewer online players in more "compact" maps.

The all-new PSM3, out now, is chock full of great content, including a stunning 12-page special preview of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-the-long-run/