Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ebay A Big Scam and Rip Off Site

DCEmu Newbie

My dad got scammed when he bought Catia
    so my advice dont buy any software

Default i got scammed too! :(

i got scammed too i bought a cellphone from there through paypal $275 and they guy never sent him i made complaint and everything but i only got $175 which is better than nothing but i worked and waited like 2 weeks to save up for that (5.65 an hr ) it sucked really bad

the title is wrong. the site is not a scammer.
    its the people who go there. not any of the sites fault i guess

Never had problems buying of ebay bought a ps2 for £400 when they first came out received that next day with no problems, but selling anit so good, tried to sell a nokia n91 a couple of months ago 3 times people hit the buy it now button then wanted me to ship to nigeria or viet nam, 4th go no reply off the buyer finally sold it 5th time round but by now I had accumulated £35 worth of listing fees which was quite a big chunk out of what i got for the phone and ebay woudnt refund any of it just kept getting the same computerised response everytime

Scamming? Feh... I've yet to see a scam.

1. I don't think theres anything wrong with auctioning off new consoles on eBay. If people are willing to spend insane ammounts of money for them, thats their own choice. No one forced them to, and it is only optional.

2. I have never seen a box sold on eBay that wasn't clearly marked as such. If someone is so stupid that they bid on an item without reading ANYTHING about it, then thats their own fault. Items are described exactly as they are in most cases, and "this is a BOX not a SYSTEM" is usually put in huge bold letters, or plainly written in most box auctions.

I don't think the sellers in these auctions should be held in low regard, or be considered immoral to any degree. The fault is that of the buyer. A fool and his money are soon parted.

That said, I plan on buying as many PS3's on launch as possible, and price-gouging the hell out of them on eBay. I don't even want a PS3, but it should give me enough money to buy that Vespa I want.

I buy rare and old video games and accessories to consoles. I've had good experiences.

If you pay via Paypal you're covered on scams for a certain amount each year.

Ebay needs tighter restrictions? You guys are communists. But seriously, don't buy expensive things from new sellers or people with low feedback (from buyers). I have gotten some nice deals on ebay, and have had unusually good luck selling things.

Also, for some strange reason I just picked up an Opteron 146 for 75 dollars with the stepping CABYE 0540FPBW. Now tell me thats not a good deal.

I have nearly 800 feedback on eBay and have never been scammed, yes there are quite a few scam auctions, but just read the listings carefully, don't buy from anyone with low or bad feedback, ALWAYS use PayPal and/or Credit Cards for payment as you can get you money back. Make soure the seller has Paypal buyer protection to guarantee getting your money back via paypal if somehting goes wrong.

And rule #1, If it's too good to be true, chances are it is.

Well last week I had my first purchase on an Item, it was a used dreamcast. I won it for about $10 plus shipping, so I was a bit unshure at first. But today when I got home from school there was a package for me from ups. It had my dreamcast in there and it works fine. So I will probably purchase from ebay again, but I will be carefull to read the fine print.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information