Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ebay A Big Scam and Rip Off Site

Blog Entries

Home/News Is Ebay A Big Scam and Rip Off Site

Ebay has its good points but also some very bad points, auctions of Fake mem cards, auctions of Xbox360 boxes and well the list is countless.

With the PS3 and the Wii coming soon are we to see another round of scams and dodgy auctions?

Have you ever been scammed on Ebay?

Post your experiances and advice for others Via Comments.

I never had problems with Ebay.

DCEmu Regular

I just bought a rip off mem card from ebay.
    I used it for a day or two, gave him good feedback then then it crapped out on me.
    I contacted him to refund me, I send it back to him as requested, not he wont respond...

Thumbs up

ive bought the usual useless $#@!e u buy when u first sign up... the reseller ebook crap and stuff, but the majority of stuff has been good, i even picked up bleach heat the soul 2 for £15 used and number 3 for £22 brand new and sealed, i also managed to pick up a promo copy of rez for ps2 for a fiver

in short... ebay rules

i think ebay should forbid people to auction launch consoles when they first appeared and after a couple of months then allow it.

i got scammed on some football tickets

i think tighter controls on what can and cannot be sold would be better and also tighter regs on the wording of adverts would also be beneficial. i have been stung by lowlifes on ebay but only once was it for something expensive but i didnt lose out as i reported it to ebay. however the number of bids i see that are stupidly high for something that really isnt worth the bid price is just insane. they need to restrict bid limits for low rating bidders until they have enough rep to bid a reasonable amount. my advice be cautios and if it looks too good to be true then it is. there are very few real bargains left on there - its dying imo.

yeah I got scamed for some sneakers(I'm a shoe head)
    and I paid 150.00 for a pair of vintage still in the box never worn air penny 2 basketball shoes sz 11 from 1996
    and when they came the shoes was a size 11y kids

DCEmu Newbie

ALMOST lost $700 bucks trying to get a 360 bundle last Christmas...

Apparantly a scammer took some college student's, eBay ID AND his e-mail address,

after I won, the e-mails wanted payment thru e-gold (If I remember right), I didn't like the site so I sent him a Money Order...

Here's where it gets weird, suddenly eBay sends me an e-mail saying that this seller has been accused of fake auctions and for me NOT to send money ALSO in this e-mail eBay distances themselves from the WHOLE auction saying they aren't responsible for anything.

So I start freaking out, funny thing was Paypal sent the automated receipt with the kids REAL address and PHONE number. So I call and talk to this kids mom and explain the whole thing and she's completely lost and has no idea what I'm talking about...

The kid gets home calls me back and says someone took over his e-mail & eBay account...(but not his Paypal account)....

I eneded up getting my money order back...got abuse verbally by my older brother....he actually went to the peoples home to get the Money Order, he was like these people don't have to give you back $#@! man. But he went....as he was driving their he said the was the richest neighborhood he'd ever seen, he jokingly said they would've used my $700 money order as toilet paper they clearly didn't need it.

Now I don't buy anything worth more than $100 on eBay.

Basically, eBay takes a cut from EVERYTHING but if you're scammed YOU ARE ALL ON YOUR OWN - they don't have a customer support number or anyway to get a person to talk to at all. They don't give a $#@!, they basically say buyer beware and you're SOL.

DCEmu Rookie

I only buy stuff from 100 down and make sure to read everything carefully. I also started to sell and havent had problems yet that is lol.....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information