via http://boards.openpandora.org/index....ad-2011-08-16/

While the title suggests that there are NO news, this is not entirely true.

Things ARE moving, but there's not much I can show you right now. I think I'll just summarize what happened during the last weeks.

While waiting for the quotations from the different companies here in Germany for the PCB production, I was trying to catch up with the work I have to do - and that's A LOT.

What is currently happening

Pandora repairs
I got quite a few Pandoras that need a new LCD Cable or nubs that I had to fix. As some might know I repair ALL of them (also the ones Craig sold), so this eats quite a bit of time.
I finished repairing most of them, I get a few new ones each week, but I'm catching up!
Repairing one unit approximately takes about 30 minutes, and you know I've got limited time... but I'll try to do my best!

CircuitCo

Also, I browsed through all eMails to and from CircuitCo, sorting out the important ones that prove that the issues we currently have are caused by them... that's done as well.
Why I did this? Well, we MIGHT need all that... depending on how the whole situation with CircuitCo works out.
My wish would be that they simply finish the 1000 missing PCBs as soon as possible and that's it. But we'll see about that...

You know they sent about 50 PCBs last week - and while those were all working (seems they REALLY are using our new test!), we haven't gotten an update from them yet but will keep asking and I will keep you updated!
On a funny sidenote they sent us an invoice for the production of those 50 PCBs... yeah, right. We shipped them over 300 broken ones that we already paid for back and they ask for money for the next 50 now? Awesome.

Pandora Production in Germany

I got a few further questions regarding parts that reached its end of life where we need replacement parts. And I already got one quotation from one of the companies, so things are moving there but I still have to wait for more.
The first quotation is below to what I set as maximum limit for me, so this is a good start.

I am also getting some up-to-date quotations for parts we have to get ourselves (LCDs, cases, etc.), so yeah, I'm doing a pretty comprehensive business plan right now with all costs involved.
This is of course also mandatory in case I need to get more money for the production.

I'll keep you updated about that, and as usual, I will dedicate everything I can to continue!

Pandora Website

Nothing has happened here, but basically, I am also planning a major revamp, as the current site doesn't make much sense.
There should be more information about the released programs, the repositories, etc.
The developers blog doesn't make much sense either, as the development is over already. It should be moved into an archive.
I'd rather have some compact history about the Pandora, information about what's happening right now for new users, etc.

This is also planned, I hope to find some time for that soon, but I won't bet on it, as there is so much more to do right now...