It's been almost a year since the PS3 was blown wide open with PSGroove and jailbreak days with the likes of PSJailbreak, Teensy++, TI-84 calculators and many more. Since than, the scene has been a little quiet with a few advances here and there. One of the hottest and most affordable jailbreak dongles at the time was the E3Card. After Sony had released new firmwares that blocked the use of dongles, the E3 Team has been quiet.

Recently, there have been advances in the mod scene and talks of downgrading from v3.70 Official Firmware. ProgSkeet [http://www.progskeet.com/] is supposed to be able to flash the NANDs and NORs of many PS3 consoles right out of the box. Of course, when there is a new product, teams and manufacturers jump on the bandwagon.

Today, I received a email from the E3 Team which they have announced that they will be releasing the E3 Flasher. E3DIY Team did not give me much information but from the information that was provided, it seems that it is suppose to do the same as what ProgSkeet does. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

E3 FLASHER, the world first flasher special for PS3, easier backup and downgrade, support dual boot, coming soon!

E3, create miracles on PS3 jailbreak, release free jailbreak, downgrade and Goldfinger, will release a full new revolutionary E3 FLASHER, include backup, restore, upgrade, downgrade and dual boot all in one. Following some details: (I edited some wording and spelling to make it a bit more understandable as their English is not the best — it's still not perfect English but I wanted to keep their original message as original as possible)

• NOR FLASH ON board
  • 1 KEY backup or restore, simple is best
  • Dual boot, choose booting from original bios or E3 bios.
  • 3 save MODE, save bios to E3 nor flash, TF card or PC.
  • NO harm for console, but can longer console life because of specially design.
  • Integrated lots of interface, perfectly extension, will have more function with future new E3 accessory.
  • Compatible all slim and fat console, include latest 3000x version.

Don't forget E3DIY team, which free service always It said they were studying BIOS, Let's wait and see what happens.

AND please note the new E3 domain www.e3-tech.net, more details coming soon!

PS: E3DIY team note 3.7 downgrade, so maybe E3 flasher will downgrade automatically, no need modify on PC.

Thanks all guy whom contribute PS3 jailbreak.

There is no picture available or any other information available. No pricing either.