Driver: San Francisco will receive a full digital release on the PlayStation Network in the coming weeks, presumably in line with the retail version’s September 2 launch. “We are doing triple-A games you can download to the hard-drive,” Ubisoft Reflections MD Gareth Edmonson said during a Gamescom panel attended by Develop. “Driver is released on the PlayStation Network in a few weeks, for example. That’s the full Blu-Ray/DVD experience you can download. I think physical media will remain very important, but I think things are going to shift. How long that will take I’m not too sure. I don’t agree that the size of data will be the limiting factor, though, you can store this data on your hard drives.” A few weeks ago, Driver: SF creative director and Gareth’s brother, Martin Edmondson, told Edge there’ll be at least one more home console cycle before cloud computing takes centre stage. “I’m pretty sure there’ll be one more cycle,” he said. “Whether there’ll be a fifth is real crystal ball stuff. But it’s pretty obvious the way things are ultimately moving.”

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/full-di...-san-francisco