In a startlingly honest admission, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau has said he believes the PlayStation Vita has a better chance of succeeding in the market than Nintendo’s 3DS.
"I don't think [Vita] is in quite in the same boat as the 3DS,” he toldCVG. “The 3DS was a really interesting piece of technology but I think there was some confusion over it and the title slate was a little different.
"I think Vita has a better chance because it has a stronger title slate at launch. PSP's had a great run in Europe as a device, it seems to have reached a much larger audience here than it did in North America. So I think they've got a good shot.
“We're going to publish a few games on it and see how it develops."
Gibeau also remains impressed with the innovative tech Sony has built into its new device.
"Sony has got a shot because they have some really unique innovation in the control scheme, the technology and the screen,” he argued. “It's got a lot of social features now so that you can actually communicate with your friends and be social.
"You can't ring them up by putting the device up to your ear but in general I think they've got most of the capabilities that you'd find in a smart phone, with some unique capabilities that make them stand out."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-re...han-3ds/083801