Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial - How To Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

DCEmu Newbie

Hi there. I've been having problems with my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adaptor - Basically kept getting an error after the drivers were installed that stopped it installing the software I needed.
    I was following your instructions here as they provide both drivers and software already, but apparently I'm not destined to get any of my damn consoles online.
    When I opened ASUS and went to config and clicked the tab I got an error saying "Access violation at address 0057403F in module 'Wireless.exe'. Read of address 027A3744."
    When I close the error window I can't uncheck the Enable ICS window. Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of desperate. Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

yeah nice guide btw but when i try to open the WLAN control center then it says "unable to connect to the wireless lan card..."

please help me!!! thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Hey

Does anyone know if this works on Windows Vista?

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone managed to get a Nokia N95 using the web via the wifi connection setup with this? Mine sees it, but won't browse the web and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NintyFanGirl View Post
    Hey

Does anyone know if this works on Windows Vista?
    It didn't when I tried.

Hey, I went and bought an ASUS WL-167G wi-fi adapter because my Nintendo WFC adapter broke, since it was only $20. I've followed all the steps in the SoftAP part (since it uses the same ASUS Control Center) because I don't need to hack the drivers...but something's not quite working. I've given my WLAN an IP (different from my school's network), given the DS and PS3 IP addresses on the same subnet, and made sure all the settings match up to the ones you gave...but the devices do not connect. It seems as if they are recognizing the network, but can't access their respective gaming networks (the DS says it can't connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and gives one of those common error codes). I'm certain it's not my school's network, because I was able to use the Nintendo USB dongle and it allowed my DS and Wii to connect to the WFC without any problems whatsoever. So I know it's *possible* to get ICS working right, I just seem to be missing something essential that allowed the Nintendo configuration to work but not this one.

Thing is, I'm pretty good with computers and networking stuff to a certain extent, so I can't even think of where I'm going wrong. I've tried having the DS get an automatic IP, I've turned WEP on and off, I've tried hiding and unhiding the SSID, adding the MAC address...I am at my wit's end. Please help! It's driving me crazy not being able to connect my systems to the internet. It can't be THAT hard, I'm sure, because the Nintendo one worked fine...

Does anyone know exactly what the Nintendo one does as far as ICS and IP addresses are concerned, using the proprietary software? I mean, the only thing that I can think of that is different is that the DS and Wii have options to "Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector"...but I really don't know how that can be much different than setting it up this way.

If it weren't for the fact that I have a PS3, and intend on getting a 360 soon, I'd just go out and buy another Nintendo dongle. Too bad Microsoft and Sony don't make dongles of their own...ugh, I'm determined to make this work. I just please need some help. If I can get one system to connect I'm confident I can get them all to work...but not even my laptop will connect to it.

preety
    webmaster
    http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

Can I just ask how safe this is before I continue? I've followed the instructions, and everything is set up - the wireless connection shows it's working - But as a novice of wireless networks, I have to ask how safe it is and if anyone else can connect to this?
    Last edited by Carlotta_Monroe; December 31st, 2007 at 01:45.

DCEmu Newbie

i keep getting an error message, Cannot copy driver to system directory, help?

DCEmu Newbie

Every time I try to put it in SoftAp mode and try to un-tick.And It will always go back to station mode

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by yo kv View Post
    i keep getting an error message, Cannot copy driver to system directory, help?
    Thats what happen to me.

DCEmu Newbie

ok i fixed it.Have you copy the rt2500usb to the correct folder.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information