Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial - How To Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

When I'm installing the drivers in the drivers folder it asks me for the USB Wifi stick CD...

DCEmu Newbie

I've sucessfully modified the driver but have had no luck connecting to WI-Fi Homebrew- just keep looking for a connection, any suggestions

DCEmu Newbie

It does work with the PS3

With me it managed to work with the PS3, Wii, DS & PSP

Also if you have a wireless connection like a Home Hub but you can't plug it onto your computer because it is too far away you can turn it to station mode and it will receive the signal and connect to the internet.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah Somebody freakin help me,

"Cannot copy driver to system directory"
    Error when I try to switch to Soft ap mode

DCEmu Newbie

Default similar issues

ok, everything really simple up until step 6 where I right click, go to wireless settings, click config, switch to soft ap mode........

two problems

one is that enable ICS box is grayed out as enabled.

so hoping that something might give after I applied the settings I also get the "cannot copy driver to system directory" error.

The only thing that happened different from the video was when I copied the usb.sys file to the system32 file it didnt overwrite anything before.

I got this yesterday and linked it up with the normal software/drivers from Nintendo through my DS to make sure, but removed them completely...so I cant imagine what the issue is.......

ok, figured out the ICS deal, I had to drag the right connection which was automatically done in the video. I had a few to choose from (I have a disabled wireless connection, a bluetooth connection, the normal 1394 and my main LAN connection), but I dragged my broadband connection just like the video, disable ICS and applied. Still the same message.

I even double checked that I put the usb.sys file in the system32/driver file..........as I said, was there supposed to be one that was overwritten? (un the video there was a 136 over written by the 101 that I got from the fullpack.zip)

??????

Hi I tried to use your guide and did exactly as it says,but when I try to connect with an WFC game,the signal is at full for some seconds and then just hangs out and I can't connect to the server.Previously I had the same error,but I figured out a kept making a mistake,by using the current network connection's as default gateway and primary dns.I got past this error but then I had another.This is from another forum:

Although the programs find my access point they stuck in authenticating for a while and then they say they can't connect.Official wifi games work perfectly.What should I do?I'm using M3 Simply.

On now i've got some progress.I put network authentication to OPEN and with win2DS I managed to get to the waiting screen after the password.But then nothing happens.Also official games won't connect to WFC when put to OPEN.

Here is the whole thread:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/ind...howtopic=22148

Plz help me this is serious prob.

DCEmu Newbie

Lightbulb Found a fix for the Wii...

Hey, I'm new to these forums

For everyone trying to connect the Wii to the USB adapter, I wanted to show the configuration that actually worked for me. After tinkering with the settings and reinstalling, etc., I've finally gotten the adapter to work with the Wii console.

Here are my settings:

SSID: Ren (I didn't hide it, so I'm not sure if it will work if it's hidden)

Channel: 1 (If your Wii has trouble detecting the adapter, try either 6 or 11)
    54g Mode: 802.11b only

Network Authentication: Open (won't work as shared)

As far as the Wii console goes, I was able to just detect the access point. No need for manual setup unless you have your connection encrypted or your SSID hidden.

Hope this helps!

DCEmu Newbie

I've got a problem. I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate and deleted XP and so I tried to install this softApmod too but Asus Control center.exe won't work. Error: "The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000005). "

This is serious problem so please help!

DCEmu Newbie

Anybody know how to fix the cannot connect to the wireless lan card message whenever you try to double click on the ASUS WLAN Control Center icon?

DCEmu Newbie

I got thru the step by step guide without any hitches.
    However i still cannot connect my psp and ps3 to the connector..
    (my ds and wii is fine.)

any ideas where i went wrong?
    the ps3 cannot even get pass the ip address of connecting.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information