Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiff 2.80 font hack guide (detailed)

psp Tiff 2.80 font hack guide (detailed)

I know some of you havnt been able to understand the read me with the 2.80 font hack folder so here is a detailed guide that is 70% of my own words.

Step 1 - Copy the font hack folder into the PSP/PHOTO folder of your memory stick

Step 2 - Scroll down to the font hack folder in the Photo menu and press start

Step 3 - Once the program is started press the cross button, After about 5 seconds a message in white writing should come up and say that it is completed, then press the Home button.

Step 4 - To modify the registery files you have just copyed across, you have to download a file from this link - http://freeplay.unaligned.org/parsedreg3a.zip

Step 5 - Once downloaded, Extract the file to the desktop of your computer, the folder should be called parsedreg3a once extracted

Step 6 - Plug in your psp to your computer and in the root of your psp there should be 2 files - one called system.dreg and another called system.ireg. Copy these files to the folder called parsedreg3a on your computer

Step 7 - Now it is time to download a simple Hex editor I recommend this hex editor - http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourc...x_setup216.exe

Step 8 - Run the Install file

Step 9 - Once installed run the hex editor and open the file system.dreg (NOT THE FILE SYSTEM.IREG!)

Step 10 - (Please note that the instructions for the hex editor I am about to give you are for the hex editor in step 7) Once the system.dreg file has been opened in the hex editor, Click on the find button and type in "flash0:/font" and click "Find" and some text should become highlighted.

Step 11 - Then click on the Replace button and it should bring up another window, There should be 2 places for text entery, The top box where it says "Find", Then next to where it says Text Enter "flash0:/font". Then in the bottom bit where it says "Replace to" and next to where it says text enter "ms0:/fontmod" Then click the "Replace" button and another box should come up that says "End search!" just click ok and then close the Replace box.

Step 12 - Save the file that you have just editied in the hex editor to the same folder that you opened it in parsedreg3a.

Step 13 - In the parsedreg3a folder the should be an application called "fixupdreg3" run that file and a command promt like app will open and stay open for a couple of seconds, once been open for a couple of seconds it should close automatically.

Step 14 - Now copy the files system.dreg and system.ireg back to the root of your memory stick

Step 15 - Now to get your personal font that you want to change to on your psp and put it anywhere on your computer so long as you know where it is

Step 16 - Now you have to download the font hack utility to convert the font to something your psp will understand, you can downloads it from here - http://www.psp3d.com/FHacker093.zip

Step 17 - Extract the contents of the file you have just downloaded in step 16 to your desktop

Step 18 - Click on the folder that has the font converter in, it should be called "Fhacker093" once in that folder double click on the icon called "FHacker" and it should open an app

Step 19 - Now the app is open there should be a drop down menu that says "firmware version" next to it, select 2.60

Step 20 - Now connect your psp to your computer and There should be a drop down menu next to where is says "Disk drive" and select your psp

Step 21 - Now just under the place where you have done steps 19 and 20 there should be a white space and next to it there should be some
    text that says "Typeface" and on the other side of that there should be a button with 3 dots on it, click that and it should bring up a window where you
    you can look around ur files for your font, find your font and click open, It should now load your font into the app

Step 21 - Now go down to the bottom of the app window and there should be a button that says "Add font" Click on that button and a window should appear asking you to name your font type, Type in the name of your font and click "OK"

Step 22 - your font should be ready to convert and install to your memory stick. Right at the bottom of the app under where the font is previewed, there should be a button that says " A Install font to the psp", (make sure that your psp is connected right before you click that button) leave the psp for 30 seconds and the font should be copyed to the memory stick and converted

Step 23 - Now once the font is on your memory stick close the Fhacker app

Step 24 - Dissconect the psp from your computer and go to the Photo menu on your psp and scroll down to the font hack folder and press start

Step 25 - Once the font hack app has been started and the menu appears Press the Circle button and give the psp 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds a white message should appear saying that the font has been installed, once that has appeared press the Home button and the psp should shut down

Step 26 - Leave the psp for 10 seconds then restart and wallah you should have your custom font!

Trouble shooting

1 - The font hack app might not load if you rename the font hack folder from the name it was when you unzipped the file

I think that just about covers it, if you have any more questions just post here in this thread!

I hope that this helped!
    Benh = Coder, main language C other language LUA

Check out my first C app Super - flasher here

visit my dev site where you can download all of my coding projects - http://benh-pspdev.bravehost.com/

Please visit my site www.pspfanatic.bravehost.com
    and join the forums

The download for the hex editor wont work.

Benh = Coder, main language C other language LUA

Check out my first C app Super - flasher here

visit my dev site where you can download all of my coding projects - http://benh-pspdev.bravehost.com/

Please visit my site www.pspfanatic.bravehost.com
    and join the forums

yeah the hex editor didn't work for me

EDIT: the new link does thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by benh
    Now THAT one works.
    Thanks.

nice guide, man

oh yeah btw benh i live near market rasen in lincolonshire ;p

Oh man!
    It works!

Thank god it didn't get bricked...

Nice guide, thanks very much, i needed it!

Thank you times a million.

Working on this thing (as I have very very limited knowledge of coding or anything) was a very rewarding thing. Thank you very very much!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information