Thread: Can i use 3DS Max to make a PSP game?

Default Can i use 3DS Max to make a PSP game?

Well that is my question, I am currently learning to use 3DS Max (i really love it!) and want to know if it would be possible to make a 3D game out of this.

Can i do something in 3DS Max that could be used by a 3D engine like LTE or any engine for PSP?

It'd be possible, but I'm not sure if LTE specifically supports it.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Not directly no. You still need to programmer a game to use the 3Ds models.

Ok but its possible to export 3D content from 3DS to something that can eventally be used for a PSP game?

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Yes.

yes! all models I have used for the many PSP games I have taken part in, were made using Discreet 3DS Max 7.. While it is not possible to directly use a model in an open source model viewer, you can generaly find a person that will program a game with you

Well thanks thats what i wanted to know. Now i'm gonna continue increasing my 3DS skills!

@Jman420: I just looked a rendering of your work on the Survival Horror project and it look really good. Was this running on PSP or only a picture? And it was made with 3DS?

it wasnt a screenshot no, but we are using the same technique as RE1, 2, & 3, aswell as FF7, 8 & 9.. which is to have a a pre-rendered background with a sprite in front of it..

The reason is, on 3DS I have ability to render with anti-aliasing, as well as raycasting, and higher quality graphics then the PSP could render alone

If you have the time, could you tell me how long you've been using 3DS and how did you learn, how much time it takes you to make a room like in one of your games and stuff like that.

sure, I have the time now (had college all day lol) yes, well, I worked in GMAX for a few months priior to getting 3DS, and I got somewhat used to the methods to make models.. (using different shapes to finaly come up with a mesh that worked)

after that, I started work on the PSP game Caelestis, which I never realy got any better at. (mostly, I was just trying to make a level "good enough")
    so I quit working on that for a while..

and started work on my E's Lua game, which I had a bit of fun modeling, but finaly got bored while making the second level..

And that brings me to Generic Survival Horror Clone #1, which Was the first project I started working on in a serious sence.. it took me about 3 days to make the original renderings I made, and from there I only went uphill.. I got another 3D artist to join, and went on to make even more levels..

but the one level I am most proud of (and the only one I've submitted to the forum) is the Library level, which took me about 3 weeks of modeling at least 5 hours a day..

with practice, I have gotten much better, but I still need more to get the speed factor up..

I hope that helped some

its also like a free biography if you need it

Thread Information