Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What's your religion?

We could all learn a great deal from the sacred texts of the world.I myself as a christian believe that we should love each other and have tolerence and understanding.I am by no means an orthodox christian,I am intrigued and heavily influenced by buddhisms realistic outlook on life and the concept of compassion.Too often has religion been used to divide rather than unite.
    I don't think one group or all of the groups hold the answer for ourselves,life is a deeply individual path.
    Science also often falls prey to the same kind of dogma organized religion does.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoklepz
    Yeah, you should see him in the show...The man is a comic genious.

yeah after stealing jokes from louis ck

Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter
    I am intrigued and heavily influenced by buddhisms realistic outlook on life and the concept of compassion.Too often has religion been used to divide rather than unite.
    well for me i was a catholic but when i got older i started to not belive as must then when i looked at buhhdishm it just made sense

My parents went to catholic school when they were kids and for some reason they dont belive now and thats what happend to me

Whatever it is, there's always something you can learn from someone else's religion and there's always one underlying lesson, stick true to your beliefs, your moral values and sticking to the right side of the law definitely makes your life as well as those around you much easier and happier. The next lesson would have to be harmony and mutual respect.

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    having studied cosmology for two years...i can say that science will never have all the answers, all theories require something to exist for any further creation to occur. what gets complicated is, using scientific logic, for a "god" to exist, it must have been created as well...
    according to some god is eternal so he has no beggining.. never got how the loop started tho

Everyone has their own beliefs and each of us must accept that. Some people find enlightenment through living life to the full, others find fulfillment meditating in silence, complete silence
    diddnt 1 of those english king behead those catholics?! YEAH

[QUOTE=
    diddnt 1 of those english king behead those catholics?! YEAH[/QUOTE]

What does people of the same religion as myself being beheaded have to do with what I said?

jesus hates stim cell research. God sent us a hurricane because of it.

DCEmu Old Pro

ok ive beenreading the posts and what like 90% of you are atheist (not to be rude or anything and monkey on me when i say this but HOW THE HELL CAN U BE CRISTIAN AND YOU DONT PRAY OR APPLY ANYTHING THE BIBLE SAYS TO YOUR LIFE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE NO CRISTIAN URE AN ATHEIST!! or if ure wacked out jedi or something then yeah u can do whatever you want cuz u scaring me) anyway religion doesnt need to be considered as fairytales if you consider everything supernatural as a fairy tale, apply the things that its says to do good in the bible like give charity see youre not following religion but you help everybody around you!

oh yeah im muslim and the quran rocks i read it everyday!

"HOW THE HELL CAN U BE CRISTIAN AND YOU DONT PRAY OR APPLY ANYTHING THE BIBLE SAYS TO YOUR LIFE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE NO CRISTIAN URE AN ATHEIST!!"

Tetris999- You can be christian and not pray through loosing your faith. I was baptised a catholic, but that was when I was a few months old, and of course didnt know any better. Its not complicated. I am a christian, but not by choice. Not believing in a god doesnt make you evil. Infact most violence and war stems from religion....so there....:P

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris999
    ok ive beenreading the posts and what like 90% of you are atheist (not to be rude or anything and monkey on me when i say this but HOW THE HELL CAN U BE CRISTIAN AND YOU DONT PRAY OR APPLY ANYTHING THE BIBLE SAYS TO YOUR LIFE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE NO CRISTIAN URE AN ATHEIST!! or if ure wacked out jedi or something then yeah u can do whatever you want cuz u scaring me) anyway religion doesnt need to be considered as fairytales if you consider everything supernatural as a fairy tale, apply the things that its says to do good in the bible like give charity see youre not following religion but you help everybody around you!

oh yeah im muslim and the quran rocks i read it everyday!

Not to start a battle but I think one of the downfalls of Islam is things like preying X-amount of times a day and other rituals are of no reflection what is in your heart. I agree that applying teaching to your life is the point of becoming a 'religious' person, but the preying because you have to fill the quota to get into heaven doesn't seem of god's nature to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bullhead
    I am a christian, but not by choice.
    erm, then you're not a christian. It's not like it's something you have no choice in like race or sex.

Thread Information