Thread: Bricking and Extended Warranty

DCEmu Newbie

Arrow Bricking and Extended Warranty

Hello

Im wondering if anyone has tried this before, im thinking of bricking my psp via turning it off while updating because i want to get a new one and see which kind of firmware i get.

I already have a 2.80 TA-82 (upgraded from 2.6 factory a while ago) mobo, so if i get a 2.60 TA-82 ill be able to use the eloader without GTA atleast lol.

My extended 2-3 years warranty is from bestbuy, also, i saw in another post that a guy bricked his psp 3 times and got his money back, if this is true, do they just ask you if you want a new one or if you want your money back? if so, do they give you all the money, ie 200$.?

Also, if the information is needed, my psp is in a fairly good condition, since i bought it like 3 months ago, the screen has been protected with the plastic thing since i bought it and the psp has really few scratches and everything fine.

Thanks in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

I work at Best Buy myself (computer sales) and you'd have to contact that particular store to see what their policy is on bricked psp's.

i just bricked my psp with the 2.6 downgrader. i have a 1 year warrenty with sony. i called them and said it just turned off while i was upgrading. i needed proof of purchase, which i did. (a bank statement) they told me to ship it to them with my battery and ac power chord thingy within a month (which i did) and i got a new 2.8 not ta-082 in 10 days

Thread Information