Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.3

Default Yet another beta build

Here is what's new in this version:

1) Added new logic for slow gps devices, submitted by ZeroAltitude. This should provide better reading from gps devices with ~4800 baud. You need to put "SLOW_GPS=1" in the config.txt file in order to activate it.

2)Added straight line and path distance calculation logic for non-gps mode. Usage: press [Left trigger] to set/clear marker. Press or hold [right trigger] to add another waypoint(s) to the path. The total path distance will be calculated as a sum of straight line distances between the waypoints. Up to 5000 most recent waypoints are stored in memory and used for plotting of the path. Distance can be calculated for virtually unlimited number of points, but the path will only be drawn for the last 5000 points.

3) Speed of displaying of saved GPS data (FAKEFEED=1) can now be changed with [X] button (while in GPS mode). It rotates between 1x, 3x, 5x, 7x, & 9x.

Please test it and let me know if you have any problems...
    You can get the file here:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...114#post272114 (post # 281)

DCEmu Newbie

hey tried ur new beta build...but when i load my maps (GPSFS maps by the way) they won't show up...it just says NO MAP DATA AT THIS ZOOM....even tho when i used ur previous build, the v3.5 one...it works.....maybe on this build the GPSFS maps don't work....wat do u think is wrong???

EDIT: hey i tried it...used a regular map like b4 and i tried the waypoint thing and it was working great!! it's a good addon...do u no how to get rid of the white line that follows the cursor or will it just stay there until u turn the marker off??

DCEmu Regular

pspryu101, you are probably running the old GPSFS file, you need GPSFS2 linked to from http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=33068&page=28 the new GPSFS maps (5 GPSFS files per map directory) definitely do work.

There are instructions on http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_Thi...rting_Old_Maps on how to convert to the newer format.

deniska, thanks. Excellent feature with the non GPS path, one suggestion with that - could you make the white line originate from the last waypoint rather than the origin. And you know what the next requests will be - the ability to save the path as a series of POIs to use in GPS mode

The latest revision of the GPSFS2 app improves repairing maps (the old one still downloaded the tiles already there).

Edit:

World maps not showing the coordinates was due to my mistake in the GPSFS extraction code in the download application losing coords.txt if x or y were 0, this is now fixed if you download the app again (this would have affected you if you encoded a world map into GPSFS, extracted it, and encoded it again).

Edit2:

Running wrong version. A feature request to do with that - could you make Map This! display the build number somewhere automatically, if there is an equivalent of System.Windows.Forms.Application.ProductVersion with autoincrementing (corner of the map selection screen for example).

DCEmu Newbie

so wat exactly is the new feature of the new GPSFS2??? i just can't figure it out???

EDIT: so i just created a new map wit the new GPSFS2 map downloader and after downloading my map....it just shows NO MAP DATA AT THIS ZOOM....on every soom level it says that...my map won't show up....anyone help me out on this??? and how to use it's new features

DCEmu Newbie

I had to format my memory card before I could get it working properly because somehow my programs were getting corrupted, I would recommend you try pulling everything off your card and formatting it, I just did it with the PSPs format option.

DCEmu Regular

pspryu101, see if the GPSFS maps from http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_Thi...file_format.29 work for you (subway ones have no lat/lon, the star maps should). The 5 file format loads tiles faster than the single file one on large maps.

If these maps do not work for you - it is a map this/memory card/psp problem

If they do - try to extract a map you've created and see if the extracted version works

If all else fails - post a GPSFS (5 file) copy of a map you've created that doesn't work and I'll take a look at it

DCEmu Newbie

thanks alot in7ane for the fast reply!!! but unfortunately i'm going to have to try it tomorrow or on monday bcuz my bro just borrowed my psp for today cuz he's going to a trip today and will come back tomorrow so i'll see if i hav time....thanks tho...

o yea how bout the map that was featured on the mapthis! v3.0..how do you create a map like that bcuz when i create a map all i see in the selection is google maps, msn maps, and ask maps....thanks!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Hi deniska.
    IŽve some trouble with my generatet pois again.
    IŽve convertet my map (256x256) to the gpfs2 filesystem, it works very well, but, my generatet pois from the old version wonŽt work with this version , iŽve copied all files 1=1 to the new dir, _files, icons etc; but when iŽam load this in the v0.39 there are no pois on my display, have you changed everthing in the interpreter or iŽam to ugly to check how it works ? with new made maps it works!
    can you tell me wereŽs the bug ?

DCEmu Regular

Deniska,

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add another feature that displays the name of your current map. I made about 30 some maps with various zooms, and its impossible to keep up with them.
    Like the Right trigger for example, I don't think its being used.
    Is that something that sounds good to you? I wanted to thank you and in7ane for making this possible. I just took a 8 hr trip to the mountains of North Carolina and I did not bring a Map, Only my PSP. My wife almost passed out after I told her I didn't bring a map. It worked like a charm. Those roads were crazy...
    I never got lost once. You guys rock...
    Thanx again...

DCEmu Newbie

I've searched around, but I couldn't find any answers, and I can't PM yet.

The maps download program only displays red X's when I try to preview. I know this has worked for me in the past, but it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas on how to get it to work? I have .NET 2.0 and I'm using 2.15a. I need new maps! Thank you!!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information