Two possible bugs:
1. After resuming from stand by mode(push power button up and release) to map viewing status, all maps can not be loaded/refreshed properly.
2. crashed several times after pinpointed couples of points(by pressing right button) in Marker On mode.
Some hopes on my list (no order):
It would be nice if
1. usbmod is on when program is running so can upload maps without exiting->usb connection->upload->exit from usb connection->re-enter MapThis!
2. CUP frequency can be set below 222MHz, saving power
3. exit confirmation
4. adjustable cursor speed (the default is slow for me), or maybe can move block by block ( pressing right button and move analog stick?). and the pointer is too thin I think.
5. can remember the position in a map since last viewing
sorry, forgot to mention I'm using the latest mapThis_v3.9_1.5_EBOOT.
Well, this is the last beta before the official 0.4 version. Please give it a try and report bugs...
- add POI ( press [X] in map mode to kick the dialog menu)
- list / search POIs ( press [O] "Select attraction type" menu)... POIs are sorted by distance to current location and can be filtered via pattern search
- remember current map coordinates and zoom from one session to other
- new help screen (could someone create a better/more informative help.txt file??)
- build/version number display
- new screen rotation logic in TRACK UP MODE - hopefully should create a smoother rotation and slightly compensate for GPS errors while not moving.
- some graphics tweaks & cleanups here and there...
I have finally gotten the Holux off Ebay, should be here mid next week. So far I have been using Map This! 0.3 for displaying maps, which works perfectly so far. Once I get the Holux and do some driving I'll let you know if I find any bugs/issues.
Thanks for all your hard work
bugs of 3.99 EBOOT.PBP
1. crashed when pressing O under "select map" mode
2. when "hold button" is in its position, GPS doesn't work
3. in menu mode, up/down buttons are over sensitive for me
4. if we do have POI files in a map folder, "NONE" should not be displayed in "Select attraction type" menu.
1. when the cursor is on a POI, press X to edit its content
2. under "POI search results" mode, it's good if the description of POI can be displayed. Also, the "POI search results" mode cannot properly display POI files generated by in7sane's map downloader. Format mismatch between self generated POI files and those by in7sane's tool?
3. on a POI in GPS driving mode, it can play a small WAV file together with displaying the text description of the POI, and maybe in7ane can use microsoft's "Text-to-Speech" engine to convert the text direction for POIs, such as those generated by googlemap, to small WAV files then we will have voice direction(even it has to be pregenerated and saved to PSP)
4. can select multiple POI files to display
5. maybe can support kml/kmz POI file format since it's used in google earth?
6. has a power saving "GPS record only" mode in which only gps recording is working but GPS navigation/screen display off. useful for hike tracking.
emm.. one more thing
in the graphical keymap(really cool), the "del" doesn't work. since we have letters all in upper case for POI description, the "R_trigger" seems not that useful except for several symbols such as ^@* etc.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)