Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.3

Could this be a problem with a specific icon image or perhaps large file size?

Please try to recreate the problem with a different set of icon images and smaller POI file (perhaps just few entries per icon)...

If you create a smaller map (~8mb with a POI file) that replicated the problem and post it here as zip - I'd be happy to take a look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfabius
    hello, great job

I have a question :
    which of maps source is a lighty in the MS ?
    My guess would be google reqular maps...
    You could alway try to run some image batch processing of maps tiles in photoshop or any other editor to reduce the quality, number of colors etc...
    This could win you additional space on MS...

DCEmu Newbie

I´ve tried to do the icons as smal as yours, and i think i have do this right, every icon have a size of ~400 byte and 40*20 px.

I can make a smaller map with reproducing the problem, i hope that my isp fix my dsl problem, cant go online longer than 3 min. every 2 hours at home , at the moment i only can go online @work, but there i can´t run the windows downloader, but i do it, watch out for the link next day´s.
    and thank you for your great support!!!

DCEmu Newbie

I am excited to try it looks liek a great release. However I broke the cable and i need to resoulder it. Once it's done I am excited to try it as I am going on a long distance road trip in 3 days I hope to use the GPS. I also like the new map loader update reminder. But seems to happen very often almost everytime I load it a message pops up saying there's a newer version. What is the difference the most recent is 0.15

Quote Originally Posted by GPSFan
    I am excited to try it looks liek a great release. However I broke the cable and i need to resoulder it. Once it's done I am excited to try it as I am going on a long distance road trip in 3 days I hope to use the GPS. I also like the new map loader update reminder. But seems to happen very often almost everytime I load it a message pops up saying there's a newer version. What is the difference the most recent is 0.15
    Following thread keeps track of changes/upgrades to gmdl tool:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33068 - just read through it - you'll see what was changed...

Good luck with your trip...

BTW, I've been using my cable for ~2 months already w/o any problems... I did all soldering under the PSP connector cap and sealed it with crazy glue - which seams to be very solid & robust solution...

DCEmu Newbie

I see the subway map there, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get that on my psp? I mean view the map, without gps.

Quote Originally Posted by kpaul_nyc
    I see the subway map there, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get that on my psp? I mean view the map, without gps.
    Just install v0.3 of MapThis! and it comes with the subway map and a world map as samples.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    BTW, I've been using my cable for ~2 months already w/o any problems... I did all soldering under the PSP connector cap and sealed it with crazy glue - which seams to be very solid & robust solution...
    Good stuff. The PSP remote i got unfortunately was a bit of a cheap nasty one and had flimsy tinned conductors which made it a bit messy trying to do it all in the cap, plus I wanted the headphone plug to work too so I could just switch to games without having to unplug things.

I ended up getting a small rectangular project box (I think it was for a doorbell button or something) from Maplin Electronics and a bit of veroboard. Being the scavenger I am I just desoldered the headphone plug from the remote and mounted it on the vero, hooked up the necessary conductors and it's all sweet.

I only mention it because it's probably an easier option for the folks who aren't great at fiddly soldering or are worried about yanking the conductors out of the plug that still gives a fairly tidy result (albeit not quite as tidy as putting it all in the plug housing).

DCEmu Newbie

I resouldered everything together tested the cable everything was working fine. But when I popped in the software version 3 it didn't work. I used the original testing software and it worked fine signal was coming through. Config.txt is set properly. But no GPS signal. no UMD in device and wifi is shut off. Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by GPSFan
    I resouldered everything together tested the cable everything was working fine. But when I popped in the software version 3 it didn't work. I used the original testing software and it worked fine signal was coming through. Config.txt is set properly. But no GPS signal. no UMD in device and wifi is shut off. Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks for any help.
    Does it still work with green screen program?
    what gps do you use (GPSslim 236??)?
    Post a screenshot of MapThis in GPS mode - it may help to troubleshoot it..

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information