Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.3

DCEmu Newbie

Default deniska please help me!!!

tomorrow is my trip!! and my gps is not working propery!!! i mean my gps is working, i know i did my cable the right way but whenever i turn my gps on in ur app it says GPS ON and then goes LOCATION OUT OF RANGE! my gps is fresh out of the box and it's working properly but wat i don't get is why it won't receive anything??? i also used ur very first app that configures ur gps but it won't work either it just keeps on showing the same things like number and letters.... maybe the cable??? but i know i built it right.... i'm sure of it!!! maybe because it's out of batt becuz i tried it without charging it that's why it won't receive anything??.....please HELP me!!!! i really need ur help!! thanks!!!!

i would include a video of this guy that has the exact same problem as i do but unfortunately youtube is down right now...sorry....but i will keep on the look out!! thanks!!!

make sure that
    1)FAKEFEED is 0 in config.txt
    2) NO UMD in drive
    3) WIFI switch is OFF

check your map's coordinates against some other source - make sure you have valid lat/lon...

.. and .. make sure that your GPS device has a good fix (Holux changes the blinking pattern of the GPS light)... For example, if Holux GPSlim236 does not have a good fix - it would transmit the coordinates of the last good fix, which may be somethere out of your map's range....

DCEmu Regular

I had the same problem...
    I always get the out of range problem when I'm not actually on the map.
    Like your actual coordinates are not on the map you loaded.
    Load a different one.
    Try that...
    That should help...

DCEmu Newbie

I'm using firmware 1.52 and downloaded mapViewer_v03 and copy the files under 1.5 folder to the MS.

Strangely, when I run the program, it give an error message saying "The game could not be loaded". I tried again by formatting the MS and copying the files to the Game folder.

Still, I get the same error message. Pls help!!!

Cheers, Kelvin.

DCEmu Regular

FW 1.52?
    Try downgrading to 1.50.
    Maybe that will fix your problem.

DCEmu Newbie

what about 2.71 emulating 1.5? Is the hardware preventing the GPS to work? Are there any plans to make it available to the non-1.5ers?

Thanks guys!

GPS functionality requires certain kernal functions, which may not be available in 2.71..
    You'll be better off downgrading to 1.5FW and emulating 2.71FW when needed... I think there is some work done in that direction already...

DCEmu Newbie

Unfortunately, that is not an option for me. I may get an older, non 082 PSP to have 1.5 and this GPS. Thanks for the help!

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks alot!!! u r a lifesaver!!!! and thanks for ur new GPSFS app it's so much better!!!! pc to psp transfer is so fast, saves space, and faster load times than .zip!!! keep em coming!! o i got one question.....how did u make a global map??? that comes wit the app??? bcuz i can only download maps that are only 1024x1024 so can u teach me how u did that and what is the best settings for my gps??? i got d same one u hav

Quote Originally Posted by pspryu101
    Thanks alot!!! u r a lifesaver!!!! and thanks for ur new GPSFS app it's so much better!!!! pc to psp transfer is so fast, saves space, and faster load times than .zip!!! keep em coming!! o i got one question.....how did u make a global map??? that comes wit the app??? bcuz i can only download maps that are only 1024x1024 so can u teach me how u did that and what is the best settings for my gps??? i got d same one u hav
    In the download tool, navigate to the place you want the map for and select the most distant zoom.
    Click the "Advanced" button, then press "get numbers" one. - No you can change the "min zoom" option from zero to higher value ane therefore create less detailed and wider coverage maps...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information