Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVI remake for PSP!

psp FFVI remake for PSP!

Nyxojaele is coding a FFVI remake for the PSP, heres the latest news from him:

My game is now being ported over to the PSP. (For those who don't want to ask a silly question, that's a Playstation Portable^^) This also means a change of engine, which I've also been dealing with. That said, I am now no longer using the Ogre rendering engine. Don't get me wrong, it's an AMAZING engine, but it's uhm... overkill, for what this game will require. I'll definately keep it around for other projects tho, I love it to bits! The engine I'm now using is called LTE game engine. It's a PSP conversion of the wellknown "Irrlicht" engine for the PC. Since this is a (semi)fullblown GAME engine, instead of just a rendering engine, it'll also save me LOADS of time programming things, such as a sound driver, etc..

So, in the last 2-ish weeks, I've been porting my game into the LTE engine, and at the same time, porting it over to the PSP. All is going well, it's just taking time. I have a lot of the internal framework done now, and have started on something you can actually SEE. This is where the fun comes: I've recorded a video of me booting up my PSP, and playing a teaser trailer of my game. This serves 3 purposes:

1) It proves it's on the PSP.
    2) It gives you some eye candy (yay!)
    3) d^-^b

So anyways, without further adieu:

Heres another Update

Timing: The original took 18 seconds until the musical clash (and thus, the logo fading in). Because of the song I used for this, I could only edit it down to 25 (roughly) seconds until the musical clash in my version. So yes, a bit longer. It can & will be skippable. When I first created this, I had the SNES song playing, for timing. I obviously wanted a higher quality song, and when I got it on there, I had to adjust my timing in it as well. Haha, I have my SNES with FFIII in it, -right- next to my computer, cause I'm always using it as source material. It is, by FAR, my prime source material for influence on virtually -anything- in my version of the game.

2 Things still need to be done to it before it's really complete:

1) The sound blips. Occassionally you hear them because MP3 playback is expensive. Occassionally the PSP slips up. (it's only got a 200mHz processor!). I'm currently looking into AT3 playback (that is sony's audio format native to the PSP, or something...) Hopefully it'll run nicer. If nothing else, it appears to make smaller files, although I haven't messed with that portion of it extensively.

2) The logo. I want to clean up the logo so it appears sharper on the PSP screen. Right now, it's a scaled down direct rip from ... something. Something off the net- god knows. It's just a temp, anyways. Also, I want to have the logo appear for a second or 2 before the clouds thing starts, as that's what the original does.

Heh yah, this, programming wise, doesn't show off much of anything. I'm aware of that. Like I said, most of my programming time went into the internal framework, recently. This intro sequence is just the initial visual progress I've made with this.

Sources: The song played is a cropped & slightly edited (volume fade, etc..) version of FFVI opening theme (Tina) off of the FFVI Grand Edition CD. The graphics are freely available high res photos available on the net, and HEAVILY HEAVILY modified for the game. I -was- gonna take these shots myself, but we never get cool clouds like that here, and setting up a system (although not hard...) to take photos of lightning is kinda a lost cause here-- most of our lightning is up inside the clouds, and just appears as sheets of brighter clouds

Sounds like an awesome project coming soon for the PSP.

cool

Oh god why

Because FFVI is the best in the series. Thats why.

Blog Entries

modified the newspost for the PSP SIte

Its still an over rated rpg. they need to get original and start making new enovative real games. anad stop just porting

Quote Originally Posted by brainpan
    Because FFVI is the best in the series. Thats why.
    WRONG! FF IV is the best, And whatever i say is law!

actually this sounds cool, but... well remember the chrono trigger project a few years back? ... yeah, square enix isnt very friendly when it comes to their IP

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    WRONG! FF IV is the best, And whatever i say is law!

actually this sounds cool, but... well remember the chrono trigger project a few years back? ... yeah, square enix isnt very friendly when it comes to their IP
    Everything this man says is true (mostly! ) Respect

I don't like FF games although i have forced mi self to play them and i do agree with the oldtimer i mean 1timeuser FF IV is better

Yeah...That's exactly what I was thinking about. SquareEnix is the most anal game compay when it comes to forgery of their games/movies/merchandise...in any way, shape, or form...and although this project sounds pretty tight...It's still a violation of SquareEnix's property, and just simply naming it "Final FantasyVI remake" is gonna get this guy and his team in very deep $#@!e with SquareEnix...Sorry to put it that way, but it's the truth. Oh, and the best of luck with this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information