As part of a week-long look at what developers want from the next generation of Xbox, our friends at OXM have been quizzing key members from the likes of DICE and Epic to find out what's on their wishlists.

Epic's never shy in coming forward design director Cliff Blezsinzki had this to say: "I'm sorry, do you think graphics are good enough? No they're not! The Xbox 360 is great, we've pushed it further than we ever have with Gears of War 3, but I want Avatar in real-time and beyond, I want fully realistic CG, and are we there? Absolutely not. I think there's absolutely room for improvement.

"Do graphics make gameplay? No. But when I fire up my projector back at my house, put Avatar on - it still makes your jaw drop, it's like a giant portal to another planet. I think we still have a long way to go before we get there, and I want us to get there."

Blezsinski also said the hardware makers who understand online the best will succeed.

"My money for the future of everything is on those who understand the online space the best. Because this is the world we live in, we're always connected.

"Between my personal and my professional life, I'm just addicted to what other people are saying all the time. It's not fading for me, it's not like MySpace. I find out about celebrity deaths immediately from other people now. And then you get the CNN news alert a day later: 'Oh apparently that actress died, which we found out about yesterday.' We're in this world of churn, and those who understand online the best will know how to succeed, and those who don't are just done."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...me-and-beyond/